Opie's POV

When we got to Kate's house thirty minutes later we had a cop with us. He had stopped me because I was speeding with a trailer behind me.

Earlier when he had stopped me.

"Do you know why I stopped you son?" He asked while holding his note pad.

"Yes sir I'm fully aware as to why you stopped me. I was speeding with a trailer behind me. Usually I'd wait for my ticket but sir with all due respect I have to go." I said while checking the time.

"Why is that son?" He asked with one eye brow raised.

"My girlfriend just called and said that someone was in the house with her and her best friend." I paused and nodded my head over to Jase. "Which is his girlfriend and said that she was shot and before I could respond I heard another gun shot. The line went dead so therefore I really have to go." I said while clutching the steering wheel.

"Really now?" He asked. I could tell he was skeptical and I don't blame the man.

"Yes sir." I said while nodding my head.

"Well I'll just follow to make sure that you don't need help." He said. He turned to talk into his walkie talkie. He insisted on following us to Florida even though he was a Georgia State trooper. Probably to make sure we were lying about the scene I describe.

When we had finally made it to Kate's apartment the wood around the door was splintered. The cop motioned for us to stay behind him. I look down and back up but then I looked back down and saw blood splattered all over the ground. I tapped the cop to show him when he saw it he drew his gun. When we walked into the apartment and I couldn't believe what I was looking at. There was blood everywhere. One line coming from the kitchen and another coming from a bedroom.

"The suspect must have carried then instead of dragging them to the car." Jase said. This was the first time he'd spoken since I got the phone call.

"You okay man?" I asked even though I knew it was a stupid question to ask.
"NO IM NOT!" He screamed into the empty apartment. I knew he was mad at who ever did this and not me.

Later that day we were at the local police station. The cop that was with us is still here. I learned that his name is Earl. It was fortunate that Kate's apartment was located next to a traffic light which meant that a video camera was pointed at her house.

"There it is." One of the officer said while pointing at a black SUV. It look eerily familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on where I had seen this SUV. We followed the suv until it pulled up to a old house and when the person stepped out of the car I immediately recognize the guy. It was Kayden. That son of a bitch! I looked over to Jase and saw he knew who it was to. I told the cops who it was and how I knew who he was. We all left to go to the house. When we got there the house was really quiet until I heard crying. I walked down the hall to another room. I opened the door and immediately saw red I yanked him off Meredith and started throwing punches at him until he stilled under me. I looked over to Meredith she looked so small on the bed. I opened my arms she crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"You're safe with me babe." I whispered to her