Opie's POV

We had a good time at the bar and grill. When I got home mama asked me all kinds of questions. "What was she like?", "Does she like you?","Do you like her?". She shot them out faster then I could answer the first one I told her that I didn't know if she liked me or not but she was pretty incredible. I left the part out where some drunk fool made a fool outta himself by trying to make a move on her. It was amazing to see her defend her self against him. I just wish I coulda stepped in faster. She shocked me when she handled her self perfectly. I felt for him when she kicked him in the family jewels. But I didn't feel to bad he shouldn't have been all up on her. Man could she dance I loved watching her dance. She was so graceful light on her feet. I thought she was gonna die when I said shit fire and save matches. It was just a really good night and I couldn't wait to see her in the morning. I started a text to her

O:"I had a really good time with you tonight. Thank you for agreeing to come out with me and thanks for coming tomorrow :).".

M:"I really enjoyed my self too I appreciate you asking me to come out it was much better then staying in a room all night. I can't wait for tomorrow.".

I started smiling again I just couldn't help my self. She was always so happy. I felt for her because her best friend moved away. I'd hate to think about if Jacob ever moved away. I don't know who I would hang out with or tend the farm with. He was my right hand man and I'd hate to lose him.

I have a feeling that Meredith isn't like the people where she's from. I bet they're all snooty and rich. Absorb in they're own world by work and ignoring they're kids so the nanny can raise them. Frowning down on the lower class. I'd rather be dirt poor and have someone who loves me then have all the money in the world and have no one. I can't believe some people live they're life like that. I think Meredith is different though she's sweet and kind and actually laughs at things I say because they're funny and not cause she's trying to impress me.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing and Meredith name popped up I answered with a smile but it was wiped off my face quickly when I heard her crying.

"Meredith what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked with worry in my voice.

"O-o-opie co-o-uld you come over please." She finally managed to get out between sobs

"Sure sweetheart I'll be there in a few minutes." I said while I hung up. I wonder what happened some of the worst thoughts ran through my head. I went into Mama's room and told her what happened.

"Lord I hope she's okay. Let me go make her something so you can stake it over to her it won't take but a few minutes."Mama said with concern in her voice. I followed her into the kitchen as she fixed a plate with left over from dinner earlier. After she got done I left to go to the boarding house. I got there and waved at Ms Clare who was sitting at the desk I went up to ask her what room Meredith Blake is is in and she told me. She also told me to be the gentleman that Ms belle raised me to be. I think I flushed at her words but I paid no attention to the flush as I was on the way to her room. Food in hand I went to knock on the door but before my knuckles grazed the door a small women cane flying out of the room and latched on to me. I let out a "ooff " and wrapped my arms around her trying not to drop the food. My shirt got wet all of a sudden and I knew she was crying again. Who ever caused her this pain I'd do the same to them. I thought as I took her into the room and kicking the door shut.