Opie's POV

I couldn't believe the nerve of this guy showing up and then bossing Meredith around. So we took him outside to show him that he couldn't just come into town and boss everyone around like he owned the world. I did most of it but Jacob and Jase helped but I told them not to hold him down cause it wouldn't be a fair fight and I wanted to see what he was made of. Once I was done I forced him to go in and apologize to her and if he ever contacted her again it wouldn't be pretty. Once he apologized and left I knew it wouldn't be the last time I would hear from him. When Meredith told me she was safe with me I was over the moon. I couldn't help her I kissed her In front of everyone. It was like we were the only people in the world. That bubble popped when they started clapping and whistling. Meredith pulled away and started blushing. She ducked her head into my neck and I laughed a little.

"So does this mean you guys are dating?" Kate asked with a full blown smile.

"I don't know. Meredith would you like to be my girlfriend?" I asked while smirking down at her. She was still blushing when she nodded her head and I let out a whoohoo and hugged her into my side.

Later that night we were all sitting in the living room talking about what was happening tomorrow. I was going to the farm with Jacob and Kate is supposed to hang out with Jase while he works and Meredith is gonna help mama stock shelves. Once everything was settled we all got ready for bed I was taking off my clothes and getting in bed when Meredith came creeping in.

"Whatcha doing sweetie?" I said while leaning on one arm. She jumped when I said that so she must have thought I was asleep.

"I just wanted to come and say I appreciate what you did for me today." She said while fidgeting with her hands.

I smiled at how sweet she was "You wanna sleep with me tonight?" I asked her and her head shot up and immediately started blushing. I started laughing.

"Not like that get your head out the gutter Miss. Blake. I wouldn't do that I just wanted to know if you wanted to cuddle scouts honor." I said while holding up my hands.

"Yes I'd like that if it would be okay with you." I nodded my head and she went out the room I guess she was going to get ready for bed. A few minutes later she came back in a huge t shirt that came down to her knees. She got in and snuggled in next to me.

"Were you a boy scout?" She asked out the blue. I burst out full on laughing throwing my head back.

"Actually yes I was I'll show you pictures tomorrow I was quite a cute if I do say so myself." I said while smiling. She laughed a little bit and then her breathing evened out and I knew she was asleep I kissed her forehead and then I went to sleep.