14- Million Reasons

I woke up in pain.

My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurt, and my head was pounding.

Flashbacks from last night came flooding to my mind. I unplugged my phone from the charger and looked at the time.

09:00 AM.

Why am I such a morning person? I came home at 03:00 AM! I deserve a little bit of sleep.

ugh...

Sighing, I got up and fixed myself a bath.

Feeling a lot better afterward, I put on my set of pajamas and blow dried my hair so it won't air dry and end up in a tangled mess.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee hit my nostrils, so I made a dash for the kitchen.

Martha was fixing herself a cup of coffee while nanny was sipping her tea.

"Good morning my love," I said, and I kissed nanny's left cheek.

"Why are you up so early? Are you okay honey? Did you sleep well?" She asked, worry in her voice.

"Yes, I slept very well, nanny," I reassured her.

"Good morning Martha." I smiled at the woman, politely asking her to fix me a cup of coffee too.

"This is so good. Thank you so much, Martha." I exclaimed as I enjoyed every sip of my coffee.

"Sure, honey." she smiled at me.

My phone started ringing so I checked the caller's ID.

Aspyn.

I put her on speakerphone.

"Isn't it like the middle of the night there right now? Why are you still up late?" I asked her, worried.

"I know, I know. I'm still at the office." she responded, yawning because of her lack of sleep.

"What? Why?" I demanded, confused. "Get your ass outta there right this moment, and take the next day off. Are you trying to kill yourself?" I jumped startled when nanny smacked my arm.

I looked at her confused, she mouthed 'language, young lady.' and I smiled apologetically. 

When did she learn English?

Well, maybe Martha taught her a couple of words...

"Actually, that's why I'm calling you." she started slowly. "All afternoon and up until now, I was emailing back and forth with the assistant of Parvin's CEO." 

I choked on my coffee and spat it out, excusing myself, I took off to my room.

"Why? Did they contact you?" I asked, running my hands through my hair nervously.

"Yes. They told me that they didn't know about the contract, and that they're working on it to find out more information about this huge ordeal."

"This doesn't make any sense. How is it, that a CEO, doesn't have a clue about projects he's working on? I don't buy it." I stated.

This is a huge mess and I don't like to be dragged on a mess I didn't create.

"That's what I thought too. So I asked my people there and they confirmed what the man said." she added, yawning again.

"Your people?" I scoffed, almost laughing.

I imagined Aspyn wearing gangster's clothes and ordering people around.

Nope. Aspyn is too sweet.

"Yeah. I know a person or two at Parvin's, they told me that since Gabriel Parvin was overseas his father Salem would check on them once in a while, and my instincts say that he's behind all of this." she whispered, giving me the chills.