5- Who you are...Who I am

I glanced at my watch.

06:00 PM.

It's time.

I took a deep breath and opened the restaurant's door.

They'll be here any minute now.

I need to keep my shit together.

You need to keep your shit together El.

Fake it til you make it.

"Ella! I need a hand here. Hurry." Nora called, struggling to move one of the tables.

I joined her and we moved it to the back corner.

"I will be attending to number 2,6 and 10. Matthew will have number 3,5 and 7. Jessie will take number 1,4 and 9. And you will have number 8." She smiled mischievously.

I furrowed my brows confused.

"Why would I attend to one table? I'm not tired, I can help." I asked.

Today is very important to me. If I could just get noticed by anyone of the guests, I'd easily slip them my resume.

The new CEO is a young man. Surely, he would like to update his team and add fresh young assets to it. I could work as an intern until I graduate. I'm the top of my class, there's no doubt they'll accept me.

Now, if I could only just...

Anyone...God help me.

I heard the girls gossiping earlier. The future CEO was in his twenties, maybe four or five years older than me. He was a rebellious teen. His father exiled him to South Africa with no money whatsoever, in results he worked hard and came back to take over the company.

They didn't fail to mention how hot he was. He was voted as one of the most young influential businessmen in the corporate world. And the Hottest too.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh honey, you'll help in the kitchen. I don't even think anyone would be seated at this table." She winked at me and I looked at the card placed in the table's corner.

8.

You bitch.

"You can clean after the party you know? If you so wanna help." She smiled sadistically, flipped her hair and went back to help the others.

Anger rushed through me. I clenched my fists. My knuckles turning white.

I was one of those very unlucky people in the world. Those who cry when they're angry.

And I hated it.

I'm not a sensitive person. I hardly show my emotions. But whenever I get angry, I cry.

I wiped away my tears and went back to the kitchen.

Oh well, I guess you're stuck here.

Maybe, next time.

••

The guests arrived.

Everyone was moving frantically in the kitchen.

Tristan was shouting and ordering around.

I felt dazed. My head started to hurt.

I closed my eyes shut and took a deep breath.

I focused on the task at hand and cleaned the dishes.