9- Big Girls Cry

8 months later.

Stretching out my arms and legs, I rose from my sleep and made my way to the bathroom.

Securing a towel around my body, I headed straight to the kitchen.

It was sunny today.

Summer is coming in full strides.

I grabbed some eggs and other ingredients from my mini fridge and started making my breakfast.

Putting everything in a plate, I made my way back to my bedroom to put on my outfit for the day.

Jeans, shirt and my watch. The usual.

I unplugged my phone from the charger and checked my emails. Nothing important.

I went back to the kitchen and ate.

One year left.

One year left, and I'll graduate.

One year left, and I'll be a certified engineer.

One year left, plus some couple of months and I'll be able to go back to Paris and uncover the truth about my mother's death.

One year left, and I may or may not see him again.

I shook my head to get rid of any thoughts related to him and checked my agenda.

1- I need to pick up Izzy from the airport at 10:00 AM.

2- Call Nanny and check up on her.

3- Grab my final paycheck from the restaurant.

4- Find a new job. ASAP!

I glanced at my watch, it was at nine o'clock. I grabbed Izzy's car keys and walked out of the door.

She was kind enough to let me use her car around until she comes back from Japan.

She's already graduated and became a lawyer. She rented a beautiful office downtown, her dad offered her a job in his company but she refused. She wanted to work alone first. I was so proud of her.

She and Liam developed feelings for each other and were trying to make their long-distance relationship work. He was whipped, and she spent every second of the day talking about him. Considering the fact that I was her best friend, I had to endure it. Not that I mind it.

Stepping on the gas, I maneuvered my way around the city. New-York was busy today. The streets were packed. Tourists were scattered everywhere. The loud noise of sirens and the horns of the other vehicles made my head spin.

I pulled over to a nearby Starbucks and ordered an iced coffee for me and a smoothie for Isabella.

It was hot outside. I was starting to sweat.

Taking small sips from my drink, I turned on the engine and drove off.

••

"Here!" I waved at Izzy and motioned for her to come my way.

She smiled brightly and pulled her suitcase, practically running to meet me.

She jumped up in my arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, careful not to spill her drink.

"Missed me that much huh?" I smirked and she laughed. "How was the flight?" I asked and gave her the smoothie."I brought you this, it's hot outside. You'll need it."