6- Dancing on my own (1)

It was the following Wednesday when I saw him again.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as pleasant as I wished it would be.

••

11:45 AM.

Fifteen minutes left and I'm free to go home.

I was working at the fast food place, glancing at my watch every now and then.

Finals were approaching, and I needed all the time and energy I could get.

Izzy was in the kitchen, wrapping up the delivery boxes while I was in the cashier station, helping out the clients.

Suddenly, a loud and excited Izzy came running over to me.

"El' I need you!" She squealed. "Like, right now!"

I rolled my eyes. I bet she saw a cute guy and wanted me to meet him.

"What do you want Izzy?" I asked annoyed. "I'm working, I can't talk to you right now."

"We have a special delivery." She gushed, her eyes lighting up excitedly.

"And?"

She smacked me on my shoulders.

"It's for Parvin Technologies!" She chimed, and continued talking, but I was too stunned to hear anything else she said.

Parvin Technologies.

The mysterious guy.

"...and guess what ? You will deliver their order." Her last words caught my attention.

"Excuse me?"

"As I said, I told my uncle that you'll be delivering this order because it's on your way home..." She smiled and jumped up and down like a teenager.

"Why?" I asked, still not processing what's happening.

"Well, I thought that maybe..you'd like to visit your future workplace?....and....maybe, you could meet...someone...if you know what I mean." she wiggled her eyebrows at me, giggling like a school girl.

She was my best friend, so naturally, I told her about him...and about our brief encounter on the restaurant's roof.

She was very pleased about it and she started to always ask me "Do you feel anything? Is he around?" whenever we were together.

"Izzy! I don't even know his name, or if he's working at Parvin's at all. He could be just a regular guy who sneaked to the roof." I whisper-yelled.

"No. He's working there. I know it, trust me. It's the best friend's instincts. Now, off you go." She pushed the delivery box into my hands and shoved me out of the door.

"Izzy! I need to change first! ugh." I huffed annoyed and made my way to the changing room.

I was now on my way home. Crossing the street, I came face to face with Parvin Technologies' big glass doors.

Every day, I'd glance over to the company and see a wave of men and woman wearing suits and pencil skirts, venturing in and out of the building.

Some of them, holding a cup of steaming hot coffee.

I marched forwards to enter the building, but a strong large hand stopped me.

"Excuse me miss, Do you have clearance to enter the company?" One of the security guards asked me.