Exclusive Chapter

"Let's play outside." The little girl who was holding a stuffed bunny, giddily shook his arms, but he just stared at her with a cold look on his face.

He was busy playing a video game so he brushed her hands away from him and concentrated on his game. "I don't want to play. Just stay away."

But then, the girl continued to pull his shirt in an attempt to convince him. "But, I want to play."

He dropped his joystick and faced her. "Go play by yourself, you good-for-nothing brat!"

"W-why are you always mad at me?" The girl started to question him with tears already forming at the corner of her eyes. "Why don't you want to play with me? You never play with me."

"Because... I hate you! You get it? And, don't call me brother. You're not my sister." He said sternly.

"But, mom said that you're my brother." The girl whined before him.

"Stop calling me brother. We're not siblings. Okay? Don't ever talk to me again." He stood up from his seat and left the girl crying her heart out in the lounge.

He had a lot of grudges which he managed to keep inside for a long while. His dad left his mom just right after he was conceived. He hated his dad for that. They were left in China with nothing... not until his mom decided to accept a job at a hospital in LA. That's when another man came into their family.

His mom fell for another guy who happened to be a son of a CEO in Korea. Though he didn't like any of that to happen, he had no choice but to just agree. And then, the worst thing happened to him... he was having a sister.

He never wanted to have a sibling, more so having one from another father. He thought it was better off being an only child. He was so young back then. He never understood a single thing. So he took all his grudges out to his sister.

One day, a very unfortunate thing happened. They just found out that his second dad got into a car accident while on his way home from a business meeting. His mom was devastated. And for the first time, at that very moment, he felt weak and helpless.

He could still remember Kassandra's face crying all day and night beside their mom who became numb and different after that incident. He remembered that time he came up to his mom and asked if she was alright.

"Kevin, honey, promise me you'll take care of our family. Promise me that you'll never leave your sister... especially when I'll be gone..."

Those were the words of his mom. It was still fresh in his mind. It was like those memories were never hidden and kept. That was the biggest turning point in his life. From then on, he swore to himself that he'll never leave his mom... and his sister.

#

"She's... here at the hospital right now. She got hit by a car, Kris... because she wanted to catch up with your flight..."

Kris continued to bang his head on the wall the moment Chandler's words finally sank into his mind. He was trying so hard to protect his sister, even sacrificing himself just so she'd be safe. He agreed to his dad's command to send him to LA because of the things that were happening back in Korea.

He remembered the last time Luke talked to him. It was after his basketball practice in the gym. That was the time when Kace learned that Luhan was just befriending her and using her for some missions they're still unsure of.

"Kris, I know you're Kevin Li." Luke spoke to him despite his attempt to shut him out.

"You... don't know what you're talking about." He replied with a cold tone.