Chapter Thirteen

KACE noticed that Nix has been quiet ever since she entered her apartment. That afternoon, they planned on shopping for their clothes for the ball which will already be tomorrow. 

They only have a few more hours left. But then, her bestfriend who has been constantly bugging her about shopping seemed to be not in the mood. "Hey, what's up?" She tapped her shoulder.

Nix got startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She hasn't told her yet about what she saw yesterday. She was still trying to absorb everything she saw. The guy who has been sending the notes to Kace... she was right all along. 

It was Stephen. Why can't I just tell her that it's him?

Kace was really worried now. She has been ignored by her a few times already that day. She had no idea what she did wrong. "Nix, answer me."

"Uh... this is nothing."

"Come on Nix. I hate seeing you like this. Tell me what's wrong." She tried to convince her.

Nix sat up straight on the couch. She took a breath and decided to finally tell her. Even though a part of her didn't want to, Kace deserves to know. "Kace, I wanna tell you something..."

She moved closer to her. "Yeah?"

"It's about... your secret admirer."

Kace sighed. "Not again Nix."

"No... I already know who he is."

Kace stopped breathing for a second. She already knows who he was? How? She was about to ask her but then, the doorbell rang. She quickly stood up and headed towards the door.

Meanwhile, Nix was already ready to tell her. "Wait, listen to me first.... It's..." She paused when Kace revealed who was on the door. "Stephen."

Kace was confused when she heard Nix mumble his name. "Stephen?" She turned to him and noticed that the guy was holding a big box.

"Sorry for coming in like this Kace. I just... wanna give you this." He handed her the box. "Please wear it tomorrow."

"Ah..." Nothing came out from her mouth. She got tongue-tied seeing him.

Stephen smiled. "I'll get going now then. See you tomorrow, Kace."

"B-bye Stephen." Kace mumbled as soon as he left. She quickly closed the door and headed back towards the living room. She didn't try to ask Nix anymore if what she heard from her was right. I guess we were all right from the start, it's really Stephen...

#

SHE looked at the person she's facing in the mirror. She almost wanted to puke just seeing the way she looked right now. Her long, wavy hair was tied up into a ponytail, just as usual. But she wasn't wearing her normal clothes anymore. She was wearing a cream dress with floral embroidery that stops exactly on her knee. It was a pretty decent and sophisticated dress. He really prepared this well, she thought to herself thinking about Stephen.

She sighed trying to release the anxiety she was feeling. Tonight is the night that Stephen will finally reveal everything to her. She couldn't help but feel uneasy even though she already knew it's him. She was about to sit on the edge of her bed, when suddenly, there was a knock on her door. "Kassandra, how long will you be staying there?" Her brother called with an irritated tone.

"Y-yeah. I'm going out now." She walked towards the door and opened it slightly. "Promise me you won't laugh."

Kris smiled. "I'm sure you don't look that bad. Come on." He pulled her arm to finally see her wearing a dress for the first time.