Chapter Twenty Five

KACE stepped out of Chandler's car, as soon as they reached their house. She still couldn't get rid of Luke's face in her mind, seeing how weak he looked earlier in the field. She actually watched the two play soccer that whole time. And she also knew that Chandler was the one who started hitting him. But, she was able to control herself from pitying the guy who lied to her.

Chandler walked her to their doorway and before she could step in, she heard the guy speak. "Kace, I'm sorry."

She turned around to face him. "What are you saying sorry for?"

"I wasn't supposed to hit Luke, but... I wasn't able to control myself." He confessed.

She nodded. "I know Park. You don't have to say sorry."

"You're not mad?" He asked in confusion.

She shook her head. "We all lose it sometimes and I understand."

He took a step forward and pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you Kace."

She wasn't able to respond at that instant because she was too stunned at his sudden gesture. "Chandler..."

"Just let me do this for a while. I've always wanted to hug you, but you won't let me." He stated, tightening his hug.

She gulped down and tried to push him away. "L-let me go. J-just go home, will you?"

Chandler let out a small laugh. "Aha! You're stuttering. I just know you're starting to like me."

She frowned at him. "Just... go." She said, pushing him towards the direction of his car.

"Okay. I'm going. Bye sweetie." He tapped her head, causing the other to make a face at him.

"You're gross, Park!" She yelled at him.

"Ah! Now that's the Kace I know. Bye!" He waved at her, before proceeding inside his car.

#

SHE smiled, realizing that the guy was right. She was actually softening up towards him and it scared her because she didn't want to trust her heart to someone again after what Luke did. She took a deep breath before stepping inside the house.

As soon as she got in, the first person she saw wasn't very welcoming to her sight at all. "D-Dad?" She mumbled under her breath.

"What is she doing here, Kris?" Their dad asked her brother who was standing a few feet away from him.

"Dad, I let her stay here for a while." Kris answered.

"Without my permission?" The old man exclaimed, piercing a glare towards her brother.

"Dad, why can't we just let her stay here with us?" Kris continued to ask.

"Kris, you know how risky this is for the both of you. I can't just let her stay."

They continued to argue while she was left there standing near the front door. She didn't know how to react. She could just leave and stay at Nix's house. But a part of her also wanted to stay... because she has never felt this close as a family in her entire life.

She closed her eyes and tried to compose herself. "I'll... just leave," she muttered, causing the two to turn to her.

"Kassandra..." Kris mumbled worriedly.

"That would be better." Their dad agreed to her which she already expected.

"You don't have to go, Kace." Her brother stopped her.

"I'll just stay at Nix for a while." She answered him.

"I'll find you another apartment for you stay in. For the mean time, just stay at your friend's house. Are we clear?" Their dad asked, waiting for her answer.