Chapter 9 - I Think I'm In Love...

Chapter 9

Lauren’s POV

“Lauren, will you be my girlfriend?”

I was completely shocked. Harry likes me? I thought the kiss was just a heat of the moment thing. Of course it meant everything to me, but I thought it was meaningless to him. And now I know he likes me, I have no idea what to say! Actually, that’s not true. I know exactly what I want to say, but I can’t seem to make the words come out of my mouth.

Harry just basically confessed his love for me, and I’m standing here like an idiot. A million things running through my mind. I finally look at Harry, and regret it instantly. He looks hurt. Scared. Terrified really. I would be too if I had just told someone my feelings and they stood there staring like an idiot, not saying anything.

He looks down and starts twiddling his thumbs. His eyes starting to tear up a little bit, he shakes his head. “Lauren, I’m so sorry. That was stupid of me to - ”

Without thinking, I lean in and press my lips to his, cutting him off. He gasps in shock, but he quickly returns the kiss. I deepen it, wanting Harry to understand exactly how I feel about him through my actions. He grabs my waist and lifts me onto his lap. I wrap my legs around his back and my hands reach up into his curls. His hands gently cup my face, and I feel his tongue at my lips again. I don’t play around this time. I let him in right away. His tongue explores my mouth, and a quiet moan escapes me. He smiles and pushes his lips harder against mine. Our lips are like magnets, never breaking apart. Our tongues dancing together. This kiss was so different from the one we just had. This one was so full of passion and hunger. It was almost… needy.

It felt like fireworks were going off inside of me. The butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. And his touch felt electric. It sent shivers through my whole body. He moved his hands from my cheeks and rubbed them slowly down my arms. I could feel the goosebumps forming. The shivers raking through my body. His hands begin to explore the rest of my body. He slides his hands down my back, across my thighs, and eventually settles them on my waist. I remove my hands from his hair and do the same. I run my hands down his front, and slide my hands up under his shirt. His abs are rock hard, and his chest is so muscular. He lets out a soft, almost silent groan, and I can’t help but smile.

I’m the first to pull away for air this time, the smile still plastered on my face. I take one look at the expression of surprise on his face, and I burst into a fit of laughter. The glow slowly returns to his eyes. And he looks happy.

“I take that as a yes?” he asks. I nod quickly and he chuckles. He lifts me off his lap and onto the kitchen floor. He takes my hand in his, and pulls me out into the front hall. He starts to get his shoes on and he passes me my own.

“Where are we going, Harry?” I ask curiously.

“Out for ice cream!” He laughs as he stares at the confused look on my face. “Mum! We’re going out!”

“Be good you two! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” Anne shouts down from the upstairs hallway.