Chapter 11 (Part 3) - A Twist in the Results

Liam’s POV

My stomach just dropped. I can’t believe I didn’t make it through. I really cannot believe it.

Coming down the stairs and through the door had to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. What will my family think off me this time? What about Carly? What will she think?

I just don’t wanna go home, just don’t wanna go…

Harry’s POV

I can’t stop the disappointment washing over me. I can’t stop the tears from flooding my eyes and streaming down my face. It’s such a horrible feeling, this. Basically being told you’re not good enough. I can’t face my mum, Gemma and Lauren now. They’re going to be so disappointed in me. I’m a failure.

I’m really gutted…

Niall’s POV

This is the worst feeling ever. I was hoping so hard that I would make it through. I tried so hard. I thought I would be good enough. I’ve just let everyone down. My family, my Sam, myself. I thought I could do this, but I guess the kids at school were right. I’m destined to be a loser forever. I can’t stop the tears that pour down my face.

It’s the worst feeling I’ve ever had in my life. Standing there and waiting for your name to be called, and then it’s not…

Zayn’s POV

My name wasn’t called. It was because of the dancing wasn’t it? I knew I couldn’t do this! I knew it! Why did I let Karisma convince me it was gonna be okay?!

It’s a gut-wrenching feeling to have to leave that stage as a reject. It’s even worse knowing you have to take your bags and go out to face your support and tell them you weren’t good enough. They’re gonna be so embarrassed of me. I am so ashamed of myself.

All of us “rejects” are starting to grab our things to leave, but we’re all called back over by the stage door by the show crew.

Apparently the judges want 9 of us back out on stage. Probably to humiliate them even more, I think. I snort at the thought and try to stifle a chuckle. Haven’t we faced enough humiliation today? I fret for the poor souls that have to go back out there.

I worry even more when my name is called.

As if I haven’t suffered enough.

Louis’ POV

Why would they want us back on the stage? I’m tired, upset, I just want to leave here and go home. I want to see Shay. I want to hug her. I know she’ll help make this easier to deal with.

Walking back out, I recognize the other boys. They’re all about my age, maybe a year or so younger. I look at them and see the nervousness and anxiety I feel reflected on their faces.

On the other side of the stage, 4 girls join us. This is just odd, I think. Were we so bad they need to tell us off or something?

The lads and I line up, putting our arms around each other. We all know how it feels to be rejected now, so we’re sticking together, supporting each other. We brace ourselves when Nicole starts to speak.

No One’s POV

“Hello, thank you so much for coming back,” Nicole starts off sweetly.

Both the boys and the girls respond with quiet, fearful hellos.

“I know that judging from some of your faces that this is really hard.”

All the contestants nod in agreement, praying for good news.

“We’ve thought long and hard about it. We’ve thought of each of you as individuals, and we feel that you’re just too talented to let go of,” Nicole says as she makes eye contact with each and every one of the contestants on stage.

Simon and Louis lean back, calmly eying the reactions of the acts.

It’s clear to them that the acts are all upset still. But hearing this causes their facial expressions to change from anxious and upset to confused and fascinated.

“We think it would be a great idea to have to separate groups,” Nicole finishes off.

Shock now sweeps over everyone on stage.

“We’ve decided to put you both through to the judges’ houses,” Simon adds firmly.

The girls scream and jump up and down in excitement, while the boys hug and drop to their knees in shock, happiness and relief of being put through.

The groups run and hug each other, still screaming and cheering.

The judges laugh and smile at their reactions. Something about making people this happy and excited is contagious, and you can’t help but laugh, cry and cheer with them.

Simon interrupts the cheering to add a stern reminder. “Guys, girls, this is a lifeline. You have got to work 10, 12, 14 hours a day, EVERY single day and take this opportunity. You’ve got a real shot here guys.”

And from this huge, last minute decision by the judges, those 5 boys were put through.

In this moment, they were the happiest people on the planet. Going from being rejected and kicked off the show as individual artists, to being reinstated as a group, the boys ran to celebrate with all the other acts that made it today.

Nothing was going to bring them down today, nothing.

Except…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooo cliffhanger!

So, writing this one made me cry. Cuz I had to watch the video of the results AGAIN to make sure everything was accurate. And for the record, I don't know how they really thought about themselves at the time, so please don't hate me for making them out to hate themselves/think they're losers. I don't think of them that way, just trying to imagine how they would've thought then...

Anywho, comment/tweet me and let me know what you think! Or if you have any suggestions, I'm open to those as well :) Thanks for reading!

- Lauren xx