Chapter 20 - Deal or No Deal

Hey guys. Just wana say thanks to all of you! Almost at 4000 reads :) Sorry about the long delay again. Just been super busy. Hope to update agian this weekend :) Thanks for reading! Please comment or tweet me what you think :)

- Lauren xx (@1DteamCanada1d)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall’s POV

Well, it’s now 10am, and I’m waiting in the parking lot I was told to go to. Turns out, Harry’s been kidnapped. And these guys want some serious cash. As soon as they told me what to do and where to go, I called Paul. They told me not to tell anyone, but I’m not stupid enough to do this on my own. I’ve seen what happens in the movies.

So Paul called the police and their hidden across the perimeter of the parking lot. I lean up against the hood of Paul’s car, waiting impatiently. I start tapping my foot and humming to pass the time.

Finally, a white van with tinted windows pulls up, and a wave of relief washes over me as I think about the backup I have hidden near the lot. Two ginormous men step out of the back of the van, one of them dragging my curly haired mate. Harry winces in pain and I notice he’s limping quite badly. His face is all cut and bruised, as are his arms. He looks like he’s about to cry any second. I fight the urge to run and hug him right now. I open the passenger door to Paul’s car and pull out the duffel bag. How cliché, I think to myself.

I start to walk across the lot toward the big men and Harry. Another man steps out of the passenger’s seat and begins walking towards me. He extends his arm, reaching out for the bag. I pull the bag into my body and repeat what Paul and the police told me to say earlier.

“Let Harry go and I’ll give you the cash,” I try to sound confident, but inside I’m terrified despite the security around us. One wrong move on my part and those big guys could instantly snap Harry or I like a twig.

“Son, that’s not how I play. Give me the money, and I’ll let you have your mate back,” the “boss” guy says angrily.

“Then no deal,” I tell him, remembering not to negotiate as per Paul’s instructions.

“Are you sure about that?” he asks, humoring me. “Because I really don’t think you want to be. You might want to reconsider that,” he says calmly.

Harry looks at me pleadingly, sadness in his eyes. I’ve gotta help the poor guy, but I’m not about to give them the money and let them take off with Harry again.

“Hand Harry over, or the deal’s off,” I practically shout at the guy.

“Then you’ve left me no choice,” the guy says as he digs through his pockets. He pulls out a cell phone and dials. He waves to the big guys, who immediately start dragging Harry back to the car.

Harry starts squirming to get out of the grasp of the two big guys. The guy on the phone finally speaks to someone on the other end.

“Alright John, plan fell through. They won’t cooperate. You know what to do.”

The police and security finally start rushing out of their hiding spots and taking action. They rip Harry away from the big guys and carry him safely to an ambulance that’s just arrived. Several of them manage to take down the big guys and handcuff them. Someone tackles the guy in front of me, but not before he holds out his phone to my ear. All I can hear on the other end of the line is piercing screams before everything becomes silent and the user ends the call.

Harry’s POV

I try to fight my way out of security’s grasp. I need to get back to Lauren. They still have her, and they told me what they were going to do to her if we didn’t cooperate. My heart is racing a million miles a minute, I can’t breathe. I can see the look of horror on Niall’s face and the look of satisfaction on the boss’ face. And I know what’s happened.

They’ve killed her.

Just like they said they would.

I feel a needle stab into my arm, and my body instantly relaxes. I feel my eyes growing heavier and heavier, before they just close and don’t open again.

****

I woke up to an irritating beeping noise. My eyes slowly flutter open, and the first thing I notice is actually the smell. The horrid, alcohol-y smell that usually comes from being in a hospital. I look around and notice wires sticking out of the back of my left hand. My arms are bandaged, there’s gauze on my face, and my right leg is in a cast. I groan loudly, in pain, as I try to sit up.

“HARRY!!!”

I jump about a foot off my bed, not realizing that anyone was in the room. I turn to my right and see Louis sitting there, a magazine in his hands. He jumps up and throws the magazine on his chair.

“Boobear!” I cry back, almost as happy to see him as he appears to be to see me.

“Oh Haz, I missed you so much! I was worried sick!” he cries out, tears flowing down his cheeks.

“Oh Boo. I’m fine now. I won’t leave you again,” I reassure him. “How long was I out for?” I ask.

“3 days. I was scared you weren’t going to wake up!” Louis explains sadly. He stares at me and I look back into his eyes. His sad and guilt-ridden eyes.

“Lou, what’s wrong, really?”

“I was, uh, just really worried about you!” he tries to cover up.

“Good try Lou. Now tell me what’s wrong,” I demand. I reach out and grab his hand, holding onto it, not wanting to let it go.

And then it hit me, and I suddenly feel extremely nauseous.

Lauren.

She was still with the bad guys.

We didn’t cooperate with the deal.

She never made it.

My body starts to twitch violently. I begin to shake and I grip my hands into tight fists, tears forming in my eyes. Louis puts his hand gently on my shoulder.

“I’m so, so sorry Harry,” he whispers softly.

“Is she…?” I can’t even finish my sentence. I can’t say it. I can’t even think it.

“Harry…” Louis grabs my hand this time, rubbing circles into my palm, trying to relax me.

“Just tell me Lou, please. I need to know.” And with that, I break. I begin sobbing, not able to control it.

Louis pulls me in to his chest and embraces me into a tight, yet comforting hug. He whispers soothing things in my ear and just holds me. I don’t know what I’m going to do without her this time. I thought I’d lost her once, and then I gave her up. I finally think I’ve got her back, and I lose her. I can’t do this anymore.

I hear the door to my room open, and in walks Paul. He shoots me a half smile and comes over and gives me a hug as well. The door opens again and the rest of the boys walk in with their girlfriends. It’s nice to have the whole gang here, for moral support. They all come over and pat me on the back or pull me into a hug, saying comforting things, apologizing, etc.

Carly and Liam finally pull away as the door opens once more. I turn to see a bigger lady walking holding clutching a clipboard. My nurse. The nurse walks over to me and inspects the tubes and wires sticking out of me. When she steps around to go to the other side of my bed, the door opens yet again. Another nurse holds the door to my room open for someone.

“Just in here, love,” she says to whoever’s out in the hallway with her.

I look confusedly at the rest of the gang, but all their faces have erupted in smiles.

I look back to the door and watch as Lauren takes a cautious step inside my room and smiles brightly.