Chapter 3 - Meanwhile, At The Hospital...

Harry’s POV

The ambulance finally arrived. The paramedics put the girl on a stretcher and load her into the vehicle. They test her vitals, and I watch in horror, expecting the worst. One of the paramedics comes up and starts questioning me.

“What happened to her?”

“The guy carrying her dropped her and she hit her head on the curb.”

“How long has she been unconscious?”

“Nearly 10 minutes.”

And the questions kept coming. The other paramedic comes out and whispers something to other, but I can’t hear what he said.

“We have to get her to the hospital right away”, the first one says. “Are you going to ride with her?”

“I called the police, they should be here any minute,” I start to explain as the 2 police cruisers quickly rounds the corner, sirens wailing and lights flashing. After a brief explanation, one of the sets of policemen agrees to meet me at the hospital to take my statement, while the other set agrees to stay on the scene with the attackers.

*An hour later*

…“And then the second guy dropped her. She hit her head on the curb, so I hit him and knocked him out,” I explain to the cops. “Then I called for you guys and an ambulance.”

The cops finish taking my statement, tell me that they are going to look into the case, and charge the guys that attacked her. Just as they leave, the doctor comes out of the girl’s room.

“You’re the one who rode here with Lauren?” he asks. Lauren… so that’s her name. What a nice name for a girl. I nod quickly, anxious to hear the news. “Well, she’s going to be alright. She has a minor concussion, and she needed a few stitches. It’s going to leave a nasty bruise, and she’ll have a headache for a while, but she is otherwise alright. You may go and see her now.”

I sigh with relief. “She’s okay,” I whisper to myself. I go into her room, and find her asleep, laying so still. Poor girl, she must’ve had quite the fright. I gently place my hand on hers, and find myself drifting off to sleep.

*The next day, Sunday*

Lauren’s POV

*beep… beep… beep*

What is that beeping? It’s so annoying.