Chapter 10 - The Audition

Hey guys, sorry for updating so late! I don't know if I'll be able to update before the end of next weekend, but I will try had to work on it! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry if it's really poorly written, haven't been able to edit it yet.

Please comment and let me know what you think! <3

*2 months later*

Lauren’s POV

“Harry, don’t be nervous. You’ll do great! Have faith in yourself!”

Harry looks as though he’s going to be sick. Poor guy. He was awake all night, couldn’t sleep for nerves. I stayed with him, trying to calm him down. It didn’t work, clearly.

“Sweetie, you need to try to relax,” Anne took a turn trying to help Harry calm his nerves. It was the big day; the XFactor audition. Harry took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He sighed heavily, and shook his head.

“I don’t think I can do this…”

“Harry! You can do it, you’ll be great! I promise!” I tell him quickly.

“You promise? What if I make a fool of myself?” he asks quietly, so only I can hear. I take his hand and pull him aside, leaving his mum, his sister Gemma, and his stepdad Robin alone in the waiting room.

“Harry, you will not make a fool of yourself. Do you remember the first time you sang to me?” He nods his head slowly, confusion in his eyes.

“Were you nervous then?” he shakes his head and his curls bounce around wildly.

“Then pretend you’re singing to me up there. Just me. Like that day in the car. And I promise everything will be fine. Do you trust me?”

He looks up at me and stares into my eyes. His eyes are filling up, threatening to spill the tears. He quickly looks down at the ground as a tear escapes and rolls down his cheek.

I hug him, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I rub his back and keep trying to tell him everything is going to be fine. I finally get relaxed and I’m about to tell him we should go back to his mum when –

“Harry Styles, you’re up next. Follow me backstage please,” a crew member calls.

Harry immediately tenses up again, and starts trembling.

“Harry! You’re going to be great. I know it!”

“Go get ’em , Harry!”

“You can do it baby, we’re rooting for you!”

His family shouts their support as I grab Harry’s hand and drag him over to the door the crew guy disappeared. He’s still shaking, bless him. He hasn’t said a word in a few minutes, and I’m afraid he might’ve actually gone into shock.

“Harry? Are you alright babe?” I ask cautiously, hoping for some reaction. He just stares at the door he’s supposed to go through.

I lean in and plant a kiss on his lips. It’s quick, to the point. When I pull away, he’s smiling wide at me. I smile back and laugh at the sudden change of mood.

“Good luck, Harry! I know you’ll be brilliant!” I get in quickly before he has to go.

He smiles wide again and laughs this time. “I can’t believe I let you talk me into this, Lauren,” is the last thing I hear before he opens the door and walks through it. I can’t help but think he was faking the nerves.

I stand there like an idiot, wondering what the hell that was all about. I’m a little upset and hurt. No thank you? Nothing? I turn around to go back to his family, frowning, tears forming in my own eyes.