Chapter 2 - The Weekend

Chapter 2

*Saturday night, Jason’s house*

Harry’s POV

Man, this party was awesome! Everyone is so kind, and fun to be around! I’m starting to think I’m really gonna like this school. Everyone was in the middle of the living room, using the space as a dance floor.  Everyone looked like they were having such a good time. I was starting to wish I had someone to dance with, when I got a tap on the shoulder and someone whispering in my ear “Hey handsome, wanna dance?”

I turn around grinning, and the girl winks at me and giggles. The lighting was so dim in the room, it was hard to tell who the girl was. But she seemed fit enough. I took her hand and lead her onto the dance floor, and she started to grind with me. Damn, she was good. I put my hands around her waist and started to grind with her, our hips keeping in time to each other. She was starting to get really wild, clearly she was drunk. It wasn’t until the end of the song that I finally noticed who it was. The girl turned to face me, leaning in to kiss me, and the light shone on her so I could see her face.

Oh. My. God. It’s her. My pulse quickens, and I back away from her. “What’s the matter, curly?” She giggles, giving me a wink. I don’t answer, still stunned. She tries to kiss me again, and I put both hands on her face gently to stop her. Her eyes widen, as if she’s only just recognized it’s me. I don’t know why I can’t do this, but something is stopping me. I feel as though I want her to be more than just a fling, which is so unlike me. Ever since I dated Marissa, I’ve been much more respectful towards girls. If only she hadn’t gone and moved to Canada…

The girl starts to look upset, and storms off out the door. I think quickly, do I go after her? Do I just let her go? What the hell was that about? Will she even want to see me if I go after her? Will she even talk to me? Is she really mad at me?

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one sober enough to make sure she’s safe anyways, as I haven’t had anything to drink yet. My decision to go after her is easily made, since she’s really drunk and walking down the street, to who knows where, alone – at 2am.

I find Jason quickly and ask her where the girl lives. I want to find her fast and make sure she gets home safely. He gives me the directions, and I take off running out the door. I follow his directions and I’m just a block away from her house. I don’t think she left to go home. I start to panic, my palms getting sweaty and my heart racing. What if she’s not okay? What if she passed out somewhere?

Just as I’m thinking this, I hear screaming. “Please! Stop it! Don’t do this! Please!”

A man laughs and replies, “No one’s gonna hear you babe!”

Lauren’s POV

What the actual fuck is wrong with me?! Dancing so inappropriately and trying to kiss a guy like that! And HIM of all people!

I am so stupid! What the hell was I thinking! Of course he doesn’t want to kiss me! I can’t believe I did that… I would never have danced with anyone like that, let alone tried to kiss them, if I hadn’t had anything to drink. This is why I don’t drink. I’ve heard of stupid shit like this happening, and sure enough, it happens to me the one time I actually do drink.

I’m so glad I left that party. Why did I even go in the first place? Oh right, to get my mind off my best friend ditching me, yet again. I just want to go home, and sleep it off. Pretend it never happened. Hopefully he’s too drunk to remember tonight. The fresh air feels so good right now. It’s only about a twenty minute walk to my house from Jason’s, so it’s not too bad. I look around, but something feels off. I feel like I’m being followed.

I ignore the feeling and continue walking. It’s getting cold out, and I really wish I had brought a jacket. I hear something snap behind me, I stop dead and whip around. Nothing. I think I’m just being paranoid. Next thing I know, someone’s behind me, whispering in my ear “Hey gorgeous, how ‘bout you come home with me tonight?”

I tense up, instantly frightened. The guy grabs ahold of my shoulders, and turns me around. He looks me over, and then looks into my eyes. I could already feel them tearing up. “Hey, hey, it’s okay pumpkin. No need to be scared. I just want a little fun” the guy says with a wink. I try to say “No” but someone else has grabbed me from behind and starts pulling me towards a van parked at the curb. I start to scream, “Please! Stop it! Don’t do this! Please!” But it’s no use. The second man confirms what I already knew. “No one’s gonna hear you, babe!”

“LET ME GO!” I continue screaming for help, and the tears start pouring down my face. I try to fight back, but it’s no use since the alcohol is still going strong in my system, and I can hardly feel anything. I kick and struggle to free myself from his grasp, but the other man grabs my legs so I can’t.

The men are violent. One tries to cover my mouth, but I bite his hand. He slaps me across the face, and I can feel my eye swelling around where he hit me. My tears blind me, and my eye is so swollen that I can’t see a thing anymore. The other man tightens his grip on me. They are about to shove me into the van when his grip completely slackens, and I find myself falling to the ground. Before I know it, my head hits the curb, and everything goes black.

Harry’s POV

I turn the corner and I am completely shocked by what I see. It’s that girl. But everything is wrong. There are two guys trying to shove her into a van, she’s screaming. The only thing running through my mind is that I can’t let this happen. I have to save her.

I rush over and as I do, I see one of the men hit her across the face. The anger rushes through me so fast, that I react without thinking. I tackle the guy who hit her, and he’s instantly knocked out when his head hits the sidewalk. I turn around and see the other guy drop her to the ground, her head hits the curb.

Panic sweeps through me once I see she’s not moving. The guy comes charging at me and duck. He flips right over top of me, but he gets up right away. I punch him in the face as hard as I can, hoping to knock him out as well. It clearly works as my fist makes contact with his temple. The guy falls to the ground, and doesn’t move a muscle.

I run over to the girl, still unconscious on the grass, and immediately call for an ambulance and the police.

Thanks for reading! Please, comment, let me know what you think so far. Like I said, I'm new to this. Any suggestions? Feedback is greatly appreciated! I'll post chapter 3 before next weekend :)