Chapter 11 (Part 2) - The Results

Part 2 of Chapter 11! More bootcamp for ya. It's hard writing about this cuz every time I read about or watch the results, I get all teary-eyed and heartbroken. Anyways, still more to come for chapter 11. Hoping to get it up in an hour or so! As always, please comment/tweet me and let me know what you think! :)

- Lauren xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Still Bootcamp*

Zayn’s POV

I can’t do this. I just can NOT do this. Dancing? Who the hell would’ve thought we’d have to dance! No, I’m getting off this stage. I don’t care what Karisma says.

Fuck this. I can’t get the routine anyways.

I slowly melt away into the back of the group. I look around at everyone, and a wave of embarrassment washes over me.

I’m running away from my dream.

I make sure no one’s looking before I slip backstage and out into the waiting room. I plop down on one of the chairs and rest my head in my hands. I can’t believe I just ran. I’ve never been a coward, so why now?

“Because you can’t dance and you know it, Malik,” I whisper to myself, shaking my head slowly. I can feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. I look at the clock and realize I’ve been gone 5 minutes. And no one noticed. Thank god.

I’m about to get up and leave, but a stern voice stops me.

“Zayn, why aren’t you out there?”

Shit. Simon Cowell. Oh shit.

“I can’t dance,” I moan quietly, trying to fight back the tears now. “It’s a new experience for me, I just can’t do it!”

“Zayn, you can’t just hide behind here. You’re ruining this for yourself. I’m trying to help you here!” Simon places his hand on my shoulder, and I look up at him. The concern written on his face is sincere. He really does want me to succeed.

“Come on. If you can’t do it now, you’re never going to be able to do it, right?”

I nod slowly, feeling like a complete idiot. I can’t deny that Simon is genuinely a great person. I feel a bit of confidence coming on, so I get up and walk back to the stage with Simon.

I’m ready, but still terrified.

Liam’s POV

I just want to get through. I just really want to get through. I can’t bear to be rejected again. I made it through to the judges’ houses last time, so this time should go just as well, right?

Wrong.

There are so many fantastic singers here. What if I don’t make it?

I just can’t face that kind of rejection again. It hurt so much last time.

But this is it. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. The moment of truth. I feel so sick right now…

“Can we get the male solo artists’ category on stage please? The judges are ready to announce their decisions,” calls a crew member from the stage door. I look around, and all the lads look just as nervous as I’m feeling. I turn to my boot camp roommate. He’s even paler than normal.

“Well Niall, are you ready to go find out if we made it?” I ask, trying to sound enthusiastic about it.

The blonde boy nods slowly, swallowing hard.

“Let’s do this.”

Niall’s POV

“Let’s do this,” I say to my roommate, Liam. He looks ill. I think everyone’s feeling nervous right now. I know I am. As hard as I try to not show it, I’m horribly frightened. What if I don’t make it? And poor Liam. This is his second time here. What if he doesn’t make it through this time? I can only imagine how devastating that would be for him.

Liam nods and we walk off through the door to the stage. We join the line of lads by the front of the stage, facing the judges.

“Well, we have made our decision. The male solo artists moving on to the judges’ houses are…”

Here it comes. The moment I find out if I’m good enough or not.

I think I’m going to be sick.

Louis’ POV

I can’t believe I’ve embarrassed myself this much. I’m standing in front of the judges, praying my name is called. But so far, no such luck. There are only two more artists in our category to move on to the judges’ houses. I’m almost shitting myself in anticipation.

“Matt Cardle,” Nicole calls out. Ah good, I’m so happy for him! He deserves it!

But now, I feel numb. Only one lad to be called.

It has to be me. I has to be. I NEED it to be me! I can’t be let go now. I’ll be such a disappointment to everyone. To my mum, my sisters, Shay, especially myself.

Simon’s taken the mic now. Oh Lord. Please tell me it’s good news!

“The last act that’s made it through is…”

No One’s POV

“Tom Richards.”