Chapter 16 - A Not So Expected Reunion

• Dedicated to Chelsie - @Chelsie_12

Finally updating :) If you're reading this, thank you. I love you. Thanks to all of you for getting me over 2000 reads! Haha this is exciting. I know it's probably stupid, but I have edited some of the chapters, like where Lauren almost dies (chapters 7 & 8) has changed a bit. So hopefully they're a bit better.. Anywho, please comment or tweet me what you think. If you have any opinions on what should happen in the story, let me know :)

Also, I've decided to dedicate this chapter to my twitter bff... @Chelsie_12. Follow her! She's seriously one of the nicest people ever!

- Lauren

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 years later*

Lauren’s POV

7:30. Finally. Work is over.

This has to have been the longest day ever. Tutoring people is mind-numbing. When I’m not in class, studying for my A Levels, this is what I do. I tutor younger students struggling in math and science. But let me tell you, after 6 to 8 hours of my own classes to attend every day, the last thing I want to be doing is helping some kid that has no idea what the hell I’m talking about. It’s the most frustrating thing when someone doesn’t understand something that is, in my opinion, easy as counting 1-2-3. But it’s money. And hell, I really need the money.

Two years ago, when he left me, I found myself a loft mate. I barely had to pay anything each month. She knew I couldn’t afford much and she was great about it. But when she graduated, she moved back home. So now the flat is mine, and I need to come up with rent and money for food each month. Living on your own sucks.

Now that my work is done for the evening, I get into my car and look at myself in the rearview mirror. I fix the flyaway strands of hair and sigh, thinking about how different things became when he left. I died my hair, started wearing more makeup, changed my style; I even considered changing my name before deciding that was too extreme. The only thing that stayed the same was my friendship with Josh. In fact, it might have even grown stronger.

I finally start the 20 minute drive back to my flat. It’s quiet in the car, so I turn the radio on. I sing along to Wide Awake by Katy Perry before I start flipping around the stations. I flip for a minute or two before one melody catches my attention.

“And that’s what makes you beautiful!” those last notes blare out of the radio in my car as I flip through the stations. I feel the tears coming to my eyes as I bite my lip, trying not to think about him. It hurts too much. It’s been over two years since I saw him last, and it still kills me to think about him.

I can picture him perfectly still; the luscious curls, the piercing green eyes, the deep voice, the strong arms wrapping around me protectively…

Damn it, Lauren. Why do you do this to yourself?

Of course, seeing the posters of him everywhere, hearing his name on the radio all the time… it doesn’t help. Harry and the other boys came third on XFactor and still managed to get a recording contract. They have been all over the world. They’ve already toured in North America, they’ve played in Australia, New Zealand, and various parts of Europe.

After completing our final year, Shaylean left to go on tour with the band. Apparently Louis proposed to her about a month ago, in Paris. How cliché. But I’m so happy for her! She deserves this. They’re perfect together. I haven’t talked to her much since she left. I haven’t really talked to anyone. I don’t want to.