Chapter 15 - The Match That Ruined Everything

Hey guys. Sorry it's taken forever to update! Please follow me on twitter! @1DteamCanada1D ... Anyways, please comment or tweet me what you think!

- Lauren xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*the next day*

Lauren’s POV

I’m panicking. It’s 6:55, and I’m so not ready. My hair and makeup are done, but I don’t know what to wear. I don’t know where we’re going or what we’re even going to do. So I seriously have absolutely no idea what to wear. And I now have less than 5 minutes to get dressed. Crap.

I root quickly through the closet and decide to grab the next thing I touch. Pulling it off the hanger, I realize it’s a white and yellow sundress. Simple, and yet not too dressy, not too casual. I hurry up and put it on as I hear a knock at the door. I grab my purse and my sandals, trying to put them on as I rush to get the door. I come to the top of the stairs and pause a moment, trying to get on the second sandal. I lose my balance and tumble down the few steps and into the front hallway.

The door opens quickly and Josh is running in looking worried. His eyes settle on me, sitting on the floor.

“Ouch?” I say, shrugging.

“Are you alright?” he asks, holding out a hand to help me up. I nod and take his hand. I grab my purse, which went flying across the floor when I fell. “What did you do?” he laughs.

“I, um, kind of fell down the stairs,” I mumble and look at the ground, too embarrassed to make eye contact. “I was trying to put my shoes on.” This causes him to burst out in more laughter. I blush and smack his shoulder. Not entirely playfully.

He stops laughing and takes my hand, pulling me out the door. I lock the door and follow him to his car. He opens the door for me and I get in and put my seatbelt on. He runs around to the driver’s side and gets in, starting the car.

“So, where are we going?” I ask curiously.

“To the football match,” he replies pulling out a pair of tickets. “Is that cool?” I nod and thank the lord I didn’t dress up any more than I did.

I take the tickets and study them. “Chelsea’s playing?! Dayummm!” I cry excitedly.

“Wow. I never would’ve pegged you to be a football fan, to be honest,” Josh says.

“Oh, yeah. I used to go see some matches with my… with my… my dad.” Tears start forming in my eyes as I think about the fun times I used to have with my dad going to the matches. We used to yell and scream at the refs when they made stupid calls or missed calling out penalties. Damn it, dad, I miss you.

“I’m sorry, Lauren,” Josh says quietly. I turn my head to look at him. Did he know? Of course he did. Harry probably told him. He takes my hand in his and strokes the palm of my hand with his thumb. I calm down almost immediately, it’s really soothing.

We’re silent the rest of the way to the stadium. When we get there, Josh jumps out of the car and runs around to my side again, opening the door for me. He takes my hand and pulls me out. We walk in and I look around for our seats. Josh leads me down towards the field.

“How close are we, Josh?” I ask, excitement building in me again.

“It’s a surprise,” he replies mysteriously.

We stop just a couple of rows back, in a private box in centerfield. I gasp, and he chuckles. “My friend has seasons’ tickets and he always gets this box,” he tells me. “He had some dinner party he had to go to with his family tonight for his dad’s business, so he gave them to me.”