-Chapter 37 (Pt. 3)

-MARCH 4TH-

We don't talk about what happened the next morning, all of us two busy pack the camping stuff away so we can get on the road again.

"So tell me again when this concert is?" Nathan says shoving the tents back in the Station Wagon amongst the clothes-filled luggage.

"On the Sixth, that way when we get to Santa Monica tomorrow we'll have at least one day to explore the town before the concert," Chloe says, taking a drag off a cigarette she pawned off of Victoria.

"Do we all have to go?" Kate asks, "As much as I love hanging out with you guys, a rock show isn't exactly my forte".

"Yeah, and what are we going to be doing for the three fucking weeks after the concert?" Brooke adds.

"Well, Nate's parents own a little spot on the beach where we're going to be staying after the concert," I say, "But I guess the city is ours for the taking after that".

"For the love of Christ, please tell me there's an actual place to sleep on this little patch of beach," Victoria asks in an overly desperate voice, "I can't sleep on the floor for three weeks".

"Relax, I'm pretty sure there's a bungalow there or something," Nate says, slamming the trunk closed, "I haven't been there since I was like 6, so don't hold me to that".

She rolls her eyes and sighs, "Oh god".

"Come on... it'll be fun!" I say even though I've been thinking the same thing.

Maybe we went in a little bit over our heads, but we can always go home early if worse comes to worse.

"Hurry up, guys," Chloe says, flicking her cigarette away, "the sooner we leave, the sooner we'll get there".

"Alright... we're getting in, geez," Brooke says, getting in the car after Kate and Tori.

Nathan opens one of the back doors and tosses Chloe the keeps. "Your turn to drive, Champ".

Chloe grabs the keys in one flawless movement and clicks her teeth at me, "Lets roll".

I blush unintentionally and nod, hopping in the passenger seat next to her.

"Is there any time you two don't flirt?" Brooke asks once all the doors are closed and Chloe reves the engine obnoxiously loud.

"Nope".

She's right though... sometimes I'm not even aware of myself flirting with Chloe. It just sorta happens.

"We'll try to tone it down a little," I say, remembering my conversation with Victoria last night, "Right, Chlo?".

She rolls her eyes and scoffs slightly, pulling the car out onto the open road, "Fine".

"Sooo... you guys wanna have another music competition?" Nathan suggests.

"We already did that," Tori says, "What's the point in doing it again?".

"How about punch buggies? My sisters and I used to play that all the time when we were younger," Kate adds.

"I think I've had my fill of punches for a lifetime," I mutter dismally.

"Ditto," Chloe replies in an equal manner.

"Okaaaay, how about something else?" Brooke asks.

"Like what? I spy? What are you twelve?".

"Chloe..." I whisper, knowing that she puts on a tough punk act sometimes without realizing it.

She sighs and shakes her head, "Sorry... ".