-Chapter 23-

At some point in the night, Chloe gets up to see if the storm has passed, but even from here, I can tell that it still rages on.

"Shit. Mom's gonna be hella worried about us," she says, sitting back down beside me. It's been... weird since we both had our breakdowns but... I think we have a newfound respect for each other now.

"You," I add blandly, hugging my knees.

"Huh?".

"Joyce is going to be worried about you,".

"Dude, don't even fucking start this shit. There are people who care about you okay? and the most important one is right here. Hell in the short week you've been with us, Joyce is already considering you a second daughter, Which is hella weird considering the fact that we're dating each other, eh?".

I giggle a little and stare deep into Chloe's eyes when she lays back down. "We've never really go out on a date... huh?".

"Guess not. What'd ya say me and you do something tomorrow. Just us?".

"What exactly do you have in mind, Price? That impish look scares me...".

Chloe smiles and scoots in closer until our noses are touching, "Wait and see, Max. I might just rock your world".

My face goes bright red at that, even though I know she's joking.

She... she is joking... right?

I swallow audibly, a giant derpy smile forming at the edge of my lips, "Really?".

"I- I'm getting there, Max. Just... just hold a little bit longer,"

I nod slowly, the smile still plastered all over my face, "Can we... can we make out?".

"Dude, it's late".

"That's okay... I like sleep. And you,".

This time Chloe blushes, "Hmm, you're high,".

"High off of you," I reply.

She sticks her tongue out at me, "Dork! You've already used that one on me, you can't use it again".

I roll my eyes, "Fine. But is there anything else we can do? You know... besides...that?".

I actually surprised myself by asking this. I'm never this open... or flirty.

Or horny.

I scowl at myself inwardly.

"Uh... we can spoon if you want. Not a big fan of it, but hey... I'll try it again for you, Maxie,".

I nod and smile, "You've got yourself a deal, Price".

Chloe smiles slyly and extends open arms out to me, which I gladly allow her to wrap around my body.

It's... normal at first, and there's still a good amount of distance before our bodies touch. Then, Chloe pulls me into the curve of her body. I make a weird sound, not of discomfort... but not of pleasure either. It's odd being so physically close to someone, I mean... I can feel Chloe's heart beating in the back of my chest, right over my own.

"Is this okay?".

I nod, feeling a little unsure of myself, "Yeah... I- I think so,".

"I can stop if you want," Chloe whispers, "I don't want to make you uncomfortable, Max".

"I'm okay. Just... not use to being this close to you and... I'm not sure if I like it yet," I admit.

Chloe moves away instantly, almost panicky, "Shit... I'm sorry. I- I didn't mean to make you feel awkward or anything".