-Chapter 3-

Chloe decides to cut class the next day and wait for Rachel to come back so she can apologize.

"Let me see your notes after school," she says, eagerly sitting on her bed, phone in hand.

"Do you think she's more important than your education?" I ask then immediately regret, worried that that might set her off but her response surprises me.

"Well... kinda. As long as I have Rach, I'm happy,".

I ignore the handprint Rachael left on her cheek last night.

"She seems nice," I say half sarcastically and half for Chloe's benefit.

Chloe doesn't reply at first and rubs at her neck, "Uh, yeah... she is. Y-you should get to know her since... well, she's going to be around here a lot... I mean, if that's okay with you,".

I blink a few times and adjust my tote bag nervously, "Why are you asking me... I have no say in your actions,".

"You're right about that, but that doesn't mean I don't care about your opinion,".

I raise an eyebrow, "Good to know, but I've gotta go. I'll get you your notes at the end of the day, what classes do you have?".

"Same as you except for Jeffer-shit,".

"How'd you know my schedule?".

Chloe blushes and turns away, "Uh... I may have gone through some of your shit while you were sleeping,".

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, "Of course, you did. I'll get you the notes... just, please don't touch anything else while I'm out,".

"No worries, kid... you can trust me with your stuff,".

I huff and head to the door, "I hope so,".

---

So I head off to my homeroom and find Warren waiting just outside the classroom door.

I roll my eyes and ignore him, still kinda creeped out about yesterday.

"Hey, why are you ignoring me, did I do something wrong?".

Yeah... you existed.

I merely shrug and push past him, making a beeline for my desk but he grabs my arm again.

"Max... please...could ya at least give me a chance?".

"A chance at what? We're friends, Warren,"

And even that's pushing it

"I don't know what you're looking for, but I can assure you I'm not it,".

I shove him aside and sit down.

"Well, how do you know that?" he protests, his voice sounding like a whiny little bitch.

I don't reply and wait for the bell to ring, wanting the teacher to kick Warren out for disrupting her class.

Boys amirite?

Right... persistent as fuck.

Well, we were like that once... remember?

First off, I was five and I didn't know what boundaries were.

So, we were relentless with that boy. Remember when mom forbid us from playing with him after school? She even sent the kids mom a note to keep us apart cause we wouldn't stop trying to smooch him.

Hey, I was going through a phase, okay? I tell myself, trying to pay attention to whatever the teacher is saying.

Would you consider this a phase?