Chapter 5 Runaway Puppy

(A/N enjoy! ^_^ I tried making this chapter long. Two updates in a day. Good progress!)

Emmaline's POV

I had fallen asleep in my paradise and I woke up in the middle of the day. Oh my gosh! I'm really be late for school! I ran to the pack house, up to the attic, or as I call my bedroom, got changed to a loose shirt and jeans and was about to get out the door when I felt pain. It wasn't like the pain that I felt when I shifted, it was something else. My heart ached so much, I don't even know why but it hurt so much that it got be down to my knees.

Just when I thought the pain was gone, another pain came but this time it was in my neck, the place where I was meant to be marked by my mate. Mate.. Oh.. I guess I know why I'm feeling this pain now. He's 'having fun' and marked someone, someone that is not me. Now that I knew it was him, I felt our bond weaken ten times more compared to that rejection.

That's it. I can't handle it anymore. I'm leaving. For good.

I angrily walked to my closet and picked out the pretty clothes and packed it in my leather duffle bag. I also grabbed this small little box that my parents gave me when I was little, until now, I still can't open it. When I finished, I took a knife out of my top drawer from my bedside table, yes I have a knife there, I have my reasons, and carved on the wall, writing, 'Have fun!' I also took a piece of paper from my school notebook and wrote a note.

Quietly walking to the kitchen, I quickly grabbed a week worth of food and ran out to the Forrest and into my secret paradise. I plan to stay there for a few days until I actually go and leave the country. I wanted to stay in my parent's special place which is now mine and remember all the fun and good memories I had with them here.

I could remember things before my parents died but I can't remember how they died, for some reason, I blame myself everyday, thinking it's my fault, whatever happened. My siblings said it was my fault too.

For the rest of the day, I lay on the silky grass and colorful flowers, riding the memory train.

~~~~

Lucas' POV (Emmaline's eldest brother) After school.

I got out of my car and locked it. I walked towards the pack house feeling hungry so I went in the lounge, turned the TV on, went to the sports channel and yelled for Emmaline to make me food. After waiting for two minutes, she still hasn't come down from her room, well the attic. I called her again and again for like ten minutes and she still hasn't come down so I went up in her room and barged in, finding no one in there. She wasn't in school today either.

When I looked at the wall, I saw a carving that said, 'Have fun!' What? Then I saw a piece of paper folded very neatly on top of her bedside table. I walked over to it and started reading it.

"To my sad excuse of a pack,

When you have read this note of mine, I have most likely long gone. Not sorry if I made you scream and yell for about ten minutes from all the way downstairs to make you dinner and then make you walk all the way up stairs to find me gone. :P And also run to the other side of the pack house to tell the alpha. Yes, I know you guys way too well. Anyways just wanted to let you all know. I'm long gone, B*TCHES! Don't bother finding me.

PS have the alpha tied up to a very hard wall before you tell him the news.

PPS I stole some food and Lucas' credit card."

I crumpled the piece of paper. I was mad, very mad, I was fighting against my wolf so I wouldn't shift. My sister, my baby sister ran away. I feel so mad and full of regret of what I did to her. I honestly didn't mean to do it to her. I just did it to keep my reputation and also because everyone else was doing it. I fell on my knees and cried.

Still fighting against my wolf, I ran to the other side of the pack house, to the Alpha's office to report the incident.

I barged in, not bothering to knock on the door, and found him in a heated make out session with my other sister, Chloe. I ignored her and said, "I have an incident to report."

"What?" Ethan snapped, annoyed that I disrupted them. I don't care, that's not important right now.

"Emmaline ran away."

"What!?" Ethan roared, he walked towards me, grabbed my collar and banged my head to a wall.

"She left a note on her bedside table." I should have followed her tip about tying him to a wall before I told him the news. How did she know what his reaction would be though. She should think that he wouldn't care because she's an omega.

"What!? Where is it!?" He growled and I gave the crumpled note to him. He started reading it and I know he was now trying to fight his wolf because his eyes were black. Mine was too, probably.

"WE HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR MY MATE!" He yelled.

"Wait.. WHAT!?" Chloe and I yelled at the same time. I forgot she was in the room.

~~~~

Ethan's POV

While I read the note, I noticed Emmaline's handwriting was really neat.

'NO TIME FOR PRAISING HER FRICKING HANDWRITING!' Flame, my wolf said angrily.

'Right.'

I continued reading it and I knew my eyes were turning black. Before I could stop myself, I yelled, "WE HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR MY MATE!"

"Wait.. WHAT!?" Chloe and Lucas yelled at the same time.

"Uhh.. I mean umm.."

"You mean she actually wasn't lying when she said she was your mate?" Chloe said in disbelief.

"Yeah. But I rejected her and she accepted it."

"You f*cking bastard! How could you reject your mate!?" Lucas said, about to punch me, when I stopped him.

"DO NOT DISRESPECT YOUR ALPHA! SUBMIT!" I yelled, using my alpha tone and he submit after a few seconds because he was my beta.

'Pack meeting NOW!' I mind linked everyone in the pack. Now, I guess I'll have to tell them the news.