Chapter Thirteen

Dean carried me into the kitchen where Blayke, Alec, Mina and Ciana were still eating. Mina and Ciana's face's lit up as they squealed, jumping around with joy. Blayke smiled towards me while Alec smiled at Dean. Everyone seemed so happy that Dean was holding me in his arms. He sat me down on the counter while Alec handed Dean and me our food. I ate the steak and so did Dean. He didn't seem so lost like he was at the waterfall. Rayla was still so happy that I was giving him a chance instead of walking away and shunning him.

"I'm really happy," Mina smiled. "We should celebrate."

"Movie night!" Ciana squealed with happiness.

The boys laughed at them while I just rolled my eyes. "Guy, really?"

"This is something that we should celebrate," Blayke said. "We never thought to see you look so comfortable with Dean. It honestly a miracle. Thank the moon goddess. I don't even believe that the mate bond would be able to help you guys with the hatred you two had for each other."

Dean laughed. "I didn't believe it either."

"What movies should we watch?" Mina asked Ciana.

"Romances," Ciana answered with the biggest smile on her face.

I cringed. "Yeah, let's watch guys save the girls because apparently, they can't defend themselves."

Alec laughed. "I'm with Aliya on this one."

"We should watch horror," Dean suggested.

We all nodded in agreement. I knew the girls didn't like horror but I think they wanted to make this special for me and Dean. We all finished eating and I sat in between Blayke and Dean. We watched IT and I knew for a fact that Ciana didn't like clowns one bit.

"Hey Alec, look out for Ciana. She's petrified of clowns."

"Will do."

Ciana and Alec were the first ones to leave. Next was Blayke and Mina. Dean turned off the TV when my head fell onto his shoulder. He lifted me up in his arms, turning off the lights and went upstairs. Dean brought me to my room and laid me down on my bed. He went to the door. opening it.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To my room," Dean said. "I don't want to rush this and end up screwing it."

"You won't screw anything up by spending the night with me," I argued.

Dean sighed. "I'll go get changed then I'll be back. You should change too, I hate it when I see anyone sleeping in jeans. It makes me uncomfortable."

I nodded and went to my closet. I grabbed pajama shorts and a loose tank top. I got dressed quickly, going back into the bed. Dean came in not too long after I finished getting dressed. He turned off the lights and joined me. I snuggled close to him, my back was facing his front.

Dean sighed, wrapping his arm around me. He moved towards me so there was no space left. "We shouldn't be doing this right now."

"Why not?" I turned to face him. "Mostly everyone spends the night with there mate right when they meet. We waited eight years."

"I guess you're right," Dean smiled.

"Goodnight Dean," I yawned.

"Goodnight sweetheart," Dean whispered as I fell asleep.

I woke up to an unexpected warmth. Dean's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist, his lips were slightly parted. He looked so peaceful when he slept, like all the stress in his world was gone. Rayla felt calm as she purred, admiring Dean. I looked at the time to see that it was six in the morning. Maybe I'll make breakfast for everyone today. Dean rolled over stretching out completely as he put both of his arms behind his head. I got up slowly, taking quiet breaths so I didn't wake Dean up. I grabbed clothes from my closet and snuck out.