Chapter Fifteen

Brittany’s POV

            It’s a few weeks after the funeral and I have never seen Luke more happy. I feel like whenever I’m around him he just lights up and forgets everything. “Do you still want to go to prom?” I ask.

            He lightly kisses my lips and nods his head. “I have a surprise on that night for you so nothing could back me out of it.”

            “What would that surprise be?” I ask and he laughs.

            “You’ll just have to wait till prom night to find out.” He says and I pout like a little girl. “Even though you look freaking adorable with that face this surprise is way too big to spoil.” I smile and give up.

            “Fine, don’t tell me. I could wait another week.” I say walking into his house behind him. We’ve gone for a walk from my house to his.

            “Hey Mrs. Anderson, how are you doing?” I say giving her a hug a kiss. She hugs me back and kisses me on my head.

            “Everything just fine sweetie, is Luke treating you alright?” She asks. She’s one strong lady I swear if I ever lost my husband I would be anything but happy. I guess they’re just a happy family and I’m sure Mr. Anderson wouldn’t want them to cry over him. He is in a better place after all. I could tell Luke and Trisha have a best friend bond. They do really love each other and they’re smiles are perfect when they are around each other. I really am happy they are coping pretty well.

            “He’s treating me perfectly. I truly love him.” I say and she smiles.

            “You guys are going to get married one day aren’t you?” She asks and I blush.

            “I plan on it.” Luke says walks over to me wrapping his arms over my back kissing the side of my head.

            “Well you have my approval. I love Brittany like she’s my own daughter.” Trisha says and I laugh to myself.

            “I’m only eighteen.” I say and Luke laughs.  

            “Age is just a number sweetie.” He says with a smile. I look at him embarrassed and kisses my forehead. “I never loved anyone the way I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we’re still in high school but I don’t care, all I want is you.”

            I blush as he says this and look down at my hands not knowing what to say. A few seconds later I look at him and smile. “That is seriously the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you so much.” I say pecking him on the lips.

            “I love you more baby.” He says and I hide my face in my hair so he doesn’t see my blush. He moves my hair behind my ear and kisses my warm cheeks. “I don’t know why you’re hiding your blush. I think it’s adorable.”

            Trisha coughs and I forget she’s their. “Although, I love you guys together and all, but this is awkward.”

            “Sorry mom.” Luke says with an embarrassed smile on his face and I chuckle.

            “It’s fine, I’m just going to get back to work. I’ll see you guys later?”

            “You’ll see him later, I need to go dress shopping for prom. So I’ll probably see you tomorrow, or whenever Luke decides to brings me.” I say with a smile. I kiss her cheek and hug her before she walks out of the house.