Chapter Eleven

A few days pass and I haven’t been going to school much since my fathers been busy with the hotel, some of the days I go to help them out, other days I’ve just been tired and not feeling good. My father is making me go in today so I can catch up with my friends and schoolwork.

            I drive myself in today because I’m late anyways and I don’t want Luke to be late. “Where have you been this whole time? It feels like forever that I’ve seen you.” Luke whispers to me as soon as I sit down.

            “Sorry, I’ve been helping my father around the hotel for a while. Just needed a break from school I guess.”

            “Well lucky you have an excuse to miss school, with having a famous father.”

            “Don’t blame my father. I still need to catch up. I just needed a break, I just feel like I’m the center of attention and I don’t like it.” I say and he touches my hand. I look at him and smile.

            “What’s so bad about being the center of attention? It’s fun as hell.” He says and I laugh.

            “For you it might be, but I’m the girl who got beat up by an ex-boyfriend. Who the fuck puts that in a paper? My life sucks just because of him.”

            “Live a little. Take advantage of the attention today, cause one day, years from now, who knows you might not get any.”

            After school, I go to my father’s hotel and help him out a little. The hotel is coming out to be great, they are, practically done with the building so we all started unloading the furniture for the lobby, and we’ll be doing the rooms later on once the building is done.

            “Brittany, how about you go hang out with friends, I don’t want you to help with the heavy stuff.”

            “Their all busy, I want to stay here and help.” I say and he shakes his head at me.

            “Robert, come take Brittany out to eat.” My father says handing him a couple of bills.

            We get to the restaurant and the host sends us to a booth, five minutes later the server comes to the table. “What would you like to drink?”

            “A water please.” She looks at me, and her mouth drops open.

            “What are you doing here?” She says with an attitude.

            “I’m eating out, what does it look like I’m doing?”

            “Whatever . What would you like sir?” She says sending Robert a charming smile.

            “Water and we’re ready to order.” He says ordering our food. She walks away and I roll my eyes. “How do you know her, she seems like a bitch.”

            “She goes to my school and has the biggest crush on my boyfriend. She’s trying to make my life a living hell.

             “Don’t let it get to you.” He tells me.

            A few moments later, the food and drinks come out with our food. “This food must me microwavable, it came out a little too fast, don’t you agree?”

            We eat and talk for a little before my father calls telling us to get back to the hotel. We get into the car, he blasts Drake, and Rihanna’s song Take Care and we’re both rapping along to Drake’s part and I start cracking up.

            “You’re a good singer.” He says and I blush.

            “Uh, thank you.” I say just as we park at the hotel. We get inside and my father sends me home while Robert starts going back to do his job. I look at him while he runs to catch up to some other worker struggling to carry something, he holds it up helping him and I smile.

            “Okay, I guess I’ll see you when you get home.” I say walking out.