Chapter Twelve

“Something bad happened.” Chloe says once she spots me.

            “What happened?” I ask confused. She shows me a picture of Robert and me at the diner from yesterday. “So? What about it?”

            “It’s all over the school. Everyone’s calling you a cheating bitch.” She says.

            “I don’t care what they have to say. He’s just a really old friend I haven’t seen since I was a kid.”

            “Yeah, okay, as long it wasn’t anything other than that.”

            “Who sent it?”

            “I don’t know it’s a private number.”

            “I know who it is.” I say and Chloe looks at me confused. “That bitch Crystal, she works at the diner, and she’s the only one that I knew there.” I say walking towards her locker. Chloe grabs my arm. “I’m just going to talk to her. Don’t worry.” I say rushing off. I bump into someone and that someone happens to be Luke.

            “We need to talk.” He says through gritted teeth.

            “I’m kind of busy here.” I say running away from him. I run up to Crystal and push her against the locker. Everyone gasps at what I just did. Apparently, nobody ever treats Crystal like this. “You fucking jealous bitch.” I say through gritted teeth trying my hardest not to punch her. “Who the hell do you think you are?”

            “Crystal.” She says sarcastically, “I’d really appreciate if you don’t lay your hands on me.” She says pushing me away.

            “You’re going to be a dead beat Crystal in two damn seconds.” I say and she laughs.

            “Says who?” She says. I punch her square in the jaw and she gasps and holds the spot where I just punched her.

            “Says me,” I say walking away. God it felt so good to hit her. She pulls my hair and I turn around to punch her in the nose. “I’ll watch out if I were you. Your fathers not Joe Calasto, you’re a fucking waiter for crying aloud, you’re nobody Crystal. A fucking nobody,” I scream as people are trying to push me away from her.

            The principle sends me to his office during first period and they tell me I have detention for a week, while Crystal is suspended. I explain everything to them. My dad has to come so they could explain everything to him, but I know he’s not that mad at me, I mean after everything I’ve been through it was finally time I let it all out. He wouldn’t blame me, would he?

            “Can I just go home daddy? Please, I can’t do this. School was such a bad idea. I can’t deal with this shit anymore.”

            “No, you’re already here. We’ll talk when you get home. You have a lot of explaining to do young lady.”  He says and I burst out in tears finally letting everything out. My father just hugs me close. “I’m not mad at you baby girl. I just want you to be a normal girl. I can’t have you leaving school whenever you feel like it. I’ll talk to you when you get home. Okay?” I nod my head and wipe my tears away. He kisses my hair and walks out.

            “Ms. Calasto?” I look up to the principle and he has an apologetic smile on his face. “Here’s your pass back to class. I made an agreement with your father, you were supposed to start your detention today, but I see you have a lot on your mind, so it starts tomorrow. But remember you can’t go punch any body that annoys you.”