Chapter Six

I wake up to a phone call and I jump out of bed worried its Brian. I look at the caller I.D. “Hey dad.”

            “Hi, go to school today, I went to the lawyers early, I didn’t want to wake you up.” He says. My father went to the lawyer to try to stop the media from getting to me. He says I don’t deserve the world knowing my business 24/7 so he’s trying to get his agent to help him with that.

            “Okay, I have to get ready.” I hang up and call Luke to tell him I’m going in today. I get dressed up and leave to school.

            I get there and everything is back to normal, so this day should be good. I get to school and Luke parks next to me and walk with me just as my phone rings. “It’s Brian. I don’t even know why he’s calling he knows I’m done with him.”

            “Go ahead answer it. But if he says anything to hurt you I’m talking to him.” He says and I answer it.

            “Hello?” I say looking at Luke and walking to a quiet corner. Luke follows, as always.

            “Why the hell would you go to California without telling me?” He asks concerned.

            “You should know exactly why, okay, you’re not my boyfriend anymore, I don’t have to tell you anything, go find somebody else to torture. Brian, just stop fucking calling or I’ll get the cops involved.” I say and Luke starts to reach for the phone but I refuse.

            “Could you at least tell me why you moved without telling me, I at least deserve that?”

            “I don’t need to tell you anything, you’re not my father, and you’re not my boyfriend. If I wanted to leave, you don’t need to know that. You don’t deserve anything from me.”

            “No, I do deserve an explanation, because one minute you’re in my house and the next you get a fucking plane ticket to California. Why did you leave without at least a goodbye.”

            “Like I said a second ago, you are not my boyfriend and you don’t get an explanation on why I left because you are the worse person to be around. Maybe if you weren’t such an asshole, I would love to explain why I left. Just stop fucking calling or I swear to you I’ll get the cops involved. We’re not together anymore and I could easily get you arrested.”

            “Don’t you dare fucking threaten me, if I want to talk to you, I will. What are the cops going to do? Arrest me for wanting to talk to my girlfriend?”

            “No, you’ll be arrested for stalking me, because the last time I checked, you’re not my boyfriend. You’re just somebody I used to know. I fucking regret ever meeting you. ” I say starting to get loud. Luke looks at me and forces the phone off my ear. He hangs up hoping Brian would call back so he could answer. We start back to class and I just smile to myself realizing I don’t want him in my life for good. My phone vibrates in Luke’s hand and he sees the name, he puts the phone on speaker letting me hear the conversation.

            “Hello?” Luke says with a huge smile.

            “Who is this, give me Brittany, I need to talk to her, who the fuck are you?”

            “I’m Luke, Brittany’s new friend.” He says and I just laugh.

            “Give the phone to Brittany.”

            “First, you have to give some respect to the ones you love, so obviously you don’t love her, so no, you can’t talk to her.” He says and I start to laugh.