Chapter Ten

Half an hour later, we pull into the parking lot of a huge amusement park. “The theme park, really?” I say with a smile. “You know me too well.” He jumps out the car and opens my door just as I get my seat belt off. He buys our tickets and walks to a ride.

            “This is the best ride here.” He says walking to the line. The line isn’t that long since the park is nearly empty. He doesn’t want to take me while it’s full just in case someone sees us together. This is the main reason why I’m falling in love with him. Anyone else would want to go somewhere public so people could see us together. With Luke, he wants to make sure it’s not out there, although I want it to be but I’m not ready for it.

            I grab hold of his hand and he looks down to me knowing he’s a few inches taller than I am, even if I wear heels. We get on the ride and it starts. I take hold of his hand, he looks at me, and starts counting down till the ride starts. We start spinning in a circle fast, my hair is blowing in my hair and I burst into laughter. He grabs my hand tighter and we’re both cracking up. I feel like I’m in a movie, it’s the best feeling in the world. Not having a care in the world, having the best boyfriend, who makes me smile and laugh no matter what. Once the ride is over, I kiss his cheek. “I love you.”

            “You really do know how to have a good time.” He says and I laugh. “Do you want anything to eat?” He asks.

            “No, I’m fine.” I say and he starts to walk faster to the bungee jumping deck. “No way, I’ve always wanted to do this.” I say and he takes my hands and starts to run. He pays for the ride, they straddle us in, and we start to rise higher. “You better hold me tighter.” I whisper and he pulls me closer.

            “You ready?” I nod my head, he pushes the button to release us, I grab his hand tighter, and I start screaming. I open my eyes and see myself falling and I smile loving the feeling of having Luke next to me holding my hand. I’ve never felt this happy with someone before.

            We ride all the other rides and he plays a few games winning a few prizes giving me all the stuffed animals. We buy a bag of cotton candy and popcorn and we start feeding each other on the way to the car. He starts the car and plays a love song, he sings it to me and I blush. “I have a question?” He says and I look at him. “Would you like to go to prom with me?” He says and I start to smile.

            “Of course I would, you’re my boyfriend.” I say and he laughs at himself.

            “I love when you call me your boyfriend, girlfriend.” He says pulling into my driveway. “Should I pick you up tomorrow morning?”

            “No, I’ll pick you up. I just got my license I’m pretty excited to drive.” I say and he chuckles.

            “Okay, don’t be late.” He says giving me a good night kiss before I leave.

            I open the front door and see my father sitting on the couch making out with Rachael, I close the front door and they both jump up looking at me embarrassed. “Oh, my God, I’m so embarrassed.”

            “Carry on, it’s okay.” I say walking over to him giving him a hug. “Really daddy, its fine, just uses protection.” I say and Rachael starts to laugh. “I’m going to bed anyways. Goodnight.” I kiss them both on the cheek before going upstairs. “Oh by the way, Luke is such an amazing person, so please dad, don’t worry about him, he’s nothing like Brian.” I say from the top of the stairs before heading off to bed.

            An hour later, my father walks into my room now that Rachael was gone he sit’s in my bed knowing I’m not asleep yet. “You awake?” I look at him and smile. “I guess that’s a yes.” He says a sigh’s in relief. “Listen, about what you said about Luke, I love that you’re happy and everything, and you deserve the best. Are you sure he’s the one?”

            “Dad, I’m positive, and don’t worry, just because we’re in a relationship doesn’t mean I’m stupid to go and you know.”

            “I know, but some people are like that, they tell you they love you but they don’t they just want you to fall for them for other things.”

            “Dad not this again, don’t worry about me, I’m smart enough, I never wanted to lose my virginity in the first place, so please you don’t have to have that talk with me, Luke knows about what happened now and I know I could trust him but please, no sex talking it’s awkward.”

            “I just worry about you sometimes. After that asshole came into your life I’ve always been worried.”

            “I know, but you don’t have to. Trust me, if I change my mind about Luke I will break it off but I’ve never met anyone like him, he’s just so caring, and understanding about everything. He’s been saying he wants me to be his girlfriend, and I do want to be, but he says if I’m not ready, than we don’t have to go to that level. You don’t have to worry about him. If things go to the extreme, I’ll let you know. Okay?”

            “Okay, that sounds like a good idea.” He says with a smile. “Get some rest sweet heart you’re going to need it.” He says giving me a kiss on the forehead before walking to the door.

            “Hey dad,” he turns his head to look at me. “What’s going to happen to you and Rachael, do you love her?”

            “I do love her, but I’m not sure yet, I mean it’s like what you said, she’s not pushing me to go public with our relationship so I know she feels the same about me. But only time could tell.”

            “Okay, good night daddy, I love you.” I say before he turns off the light and walks out the door. While I’m lying down in bed, I realize that I should just forget about everything in New York. I don’t want to deal with anything from my life when I lived there. I stopped talking to my friends there because I know they know what happened and nobody tried to talk to me to see if everything was okay.

            Luke calls me and I answer right away. “Hey what’s up?” I say sitting up in my bed.

            “Nothing much what about you?” He asks and I get out of bed and start telling him what I’m thinking about my past. “Don’t worry about the past. It’s not worth your time, none of them are.”

            “I know, I know, but ever since the beach party and how Drew came by, it just reminded me of it all. He’s reminded me so much of Brian, I’m scared of him.”

            The day after he hit me in the diner an article came out. “You okay?” He asks bringing me back to the phone call.

            “Yeah, just a little tired.” I say with a yawn.

            “Okay, get some sleep than, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

            “Okay.” We hang up and sleep takes over me right as my head hits the pillow.