Chapter Eighteen

Luke and I go to the hotel a lot, my father hired Luke to work at the hotel since he didn’t want to work at his father’s shop anymore claiming it reminds him too much of him. My father gladly offered Luke a job after I told him about Luke’s situation. One night when Luke slept over, my father called him into the kitchen before we went to bed and talked to Luke, and then offered him a job. Although the job isn’t all that great, it pays great and it’ll mean spending more time with me so he couldn’t deny the job. Ever since he started working there I started going there as well helping him and hanging out with him whenever he has nothing to do. A few people who are staying at the hotel recognized me as not my father’s daughter but the singer from YouTube. I didn’t think that the video would be so famous. But I guess the only reason why it’s so popular is because I’m Brittany Calasto and they didn’t know I could sing. But honestly, I’m not into becoming an official singer, but if I get the opportunity I’m not going to turn it down I’m just not chasing producers into signing me. It’s great having people coming up to me asking me for pictures and autographs. I have little kids asking me if I’m going to make any more videos and I answer them honestly saying I’m thinking about it.

            I’m standing in front of the reception desk talking to Luke while he’s on break and someone taps on my thigh and I turn around to look at a lady that’s around my fathers age and she points to something next to me. I look around until I hear an adorable voice. I look at Luke and hold up my index finger telling him to wait a minute while I talk to the little girl who’s trying to get my attention. “Hello there cutie.” I say kneeling down in front of her. She gives me a toothy grin showing that her two front teeth are missing. “What’s your name?”

            “Jessica, you’re Brittany Calasto right?” She asks and I nod my head.

            “I sure am. Is there anything I could do for you?”

            “Can we take a picture?”  I smile and nod and she looks at her mom. “Mommy she said she’ll take a picture do you have a camera?”

            “Yeah, let me just get it out of my purse.” She says going through her purse and then pulling out an iPhone. I pick up Jessica in my arms and tell her to smile. Once the picture is taken I whisper in Jessica’s ear to make a funny face next. “One more Jessica then we have to take our bags up to our room.”

            “Okay.” She says and her mother takes the picture and I make the funniest face that I could think of, which is the most common one, crossing my eyes and sticking my tongue out.” We both start laughing and I could hear Luke chuckling in the background and look at him and stick out my tongue.

            “Is there anyone you could send the pictures to me?” I ask the lady. I look to Jessica and her eyes are wide and excited. She looks to her mother and she begs her to send it to me.

            “Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Jessica would be ecstatic about that.” She says handing me her phone. “You could just punch in your number or your email.” She tells me and I nod deciding to go with email, I wouldn’t want the world to know my number.

            “And if it makes Jessica a bit happier I wouldn’t mind keeping in touch with you guys. She’s a little cutie pie and it wouldn’t hurt to make my fans happy.” I tell the lady and she smiles her thanks.

            “Alright thank you. I’m sure I could find your email in my recently sent inbox.” She says taking Jessica’s hand. I kneel down to Jessica’s height and wrap my around her.

            “You heard me Jessica. If you want you could keep in touch with me. Okay?” I tell her wrapping her in my arms. “It was so nice to meet you. I think that you should be seeing me around here as well if you’re staying here.” I tell her.