The Fighting Begins

"Protect Tazuna!" Kakashi Sensei barked out an order.

"Right." We all agreed and jumped into position. All of us were guarding different sides of Tazuna, so that we could fend off attacks at all angels. When we did that, fog surrounded us on all sides. I couldn't see a thing, and I hated it.

I could feel my brother's anxiety, but I wasn't sure if I should go over to him. I didn't want to leave an opening for the enmy to get it, and I couldn't see well enough to know where Sasuke was.

Besides this battle was a full blown out fight between to Jonin. My team and I shouldn't be here. I could feel that coming off of Sasuke too, and through the fog I could make out a little bit of movement.

Next thing I felt was a release of Kakashi Sensei's chakra, and then the fog cleared. And infact Sasuke was trembling. His knuckles were white from gripping his kunai to tight. "Sasuke!" Kakashi's voice was sharp.

My brother looked up and gulped.

"Calm down. I'll protect you all of you." Kakashi Sensei promised, and he looked back at us. I gasped. Kakashi had the sharingan, but where could he have gotten it. I would have to worry about that later though.

I froze when a cold voice was right beside me, "Stupid kids. This won't work." I had to protect Tazuna, but this guy Zabuza or whatever his name was. He was...just on a whole different level than all of us.

But Tazuna needed to be protected, so like any animal I followed my instinct. I jumped around, and lunged myself at Tazuna just as Zabuza's sword came down. Luckily neither Tazuna nor I were hit by the sword. We only had a few scrapes from skidding across the ground.

"You messed up my attack." Zabuza growled, bringing his sword up to strike again. I flipped over on my back and stared up at him frozen. Should I roll out of the way last second? How about I deflect his attack with a kunai? I didn't know what to do.

"Eiko!" I heard multiple shouts of my name. But they were far off and foggy. The only thing that was coming out of the big daze was the giant sword that was swining closer and closer towards my face.

I closed my eyes, and took my last gulp of air. I had to gasp it out though because I didn't die. In fact I could still feel the stinging of my scrapes. My eyes snapped open. "Thanks Sensei." I breathed to the silver haired man in front of me. "Wait is that water?"

"Water clone." Zabuza smirked, slashing his sword through Kakashi Sensei. I yelped in surprised, sprang to my feet, grabbed Tazuna, and ran back to my group. My brain finally clicked, and like a bunch of fish I decided it safer to be in a group.

"That was a water clone too, but how? I heard Sakura ask as I stopped for air.

"Did you see Kakashi Sensei's red eye?" I asked her.

"Yeah, and are you okay?" She asked, with worry in her eyes.

"I'm perfectly fine. Just a little battered." I assured her. "Now his red eye is the sharingan."

"The sharing-wha?" Naruto joined.

"The sharingan, idiot." Sasuke corrected. "It's a special jutsu only to the Uchihas'."

"Well Kakashi Hatake definitely isn't an Uchiha." I replied.

"I know that, so why does he have it?" Sasuke asked me, annoyed.

"Before we get to the whys. Let's explain the whats to them." I suggested. "The sharingan let's you view your opponents moves, and copy them precisely."

"You know what your opponent is going to do pretty much before they even do." Sasuke explained further.

"How does it do that?" Naruto asked.