Testing, Testing 1 2 3

Soon everyone was filed into a line, getting their numbers of where they were to sit. Periodically, I would take my eyes off the dwindling line and search through the seats that were filling up with people. I managed to locate all three members of my team.  Naruto was right on the first row, two in from the aisle, Sakura was a few rows behind Naruto also second from the aisle, and Sasuke was slightly behind me way right of my seat.

Once I had located my team, I leaned back in my seat, eyes closed.  I didn’t care for anyone else here, all I needed was to figure out Ibiki’s game and create a counter strategy.  My eyes still closed, I shuffled through different possibilities of what Ibiki could be planning.  This test was obviously one to test either our individual knowledge or information gathering.  There had to be more to it than that, I know there had to be. I just needed a little more in order to get what it was.

“Are you really so relaxed?” I voice asked, the person invading my bubble. My eyes snapped open and my head snapped, taking in the tall, kitty eared, boy next to me.  Annoyingly, I was slightly started at his sudden appearance of him and by his closeness, my body involuntarily jumped and next thing I know, I’m heading towards the ground.

Kankuro grabbed my arm, stopping my downward path, and pulling me to me feet, “Hey, sorry didn’t mean to startle you.”  I stood stiff, not meeting his eyes.  I couldn’t.  His hand on my arm was too hot, too present. 

“Don’t touch me!” I snapped, yanking my arm as hard as I could against his hand.  Kankuro’s eyes widened slightly, but his grip loosened and I wrenched my arm free.

“What the hell is your problem, I was just helping you.” He barked back, his posture changing  from shock into defensive.

“I wouldn’t have needed your help,” I sneered the word out, “If you had just respected my boundaries and not gotten close to me.” I kept my features impassive for the most part, only a slight narrowed glare at my eyes.  Kankuro on the other hand, his face was an open book.  I could see all the emotion play through his eyes, across his mouth, and in the set of his jaw.

“I was just trying to be friendly!” He snapped back, eyes crossing over his chest.  I scoffed lightly from the back of my throat and let my eyes trail across him like I did the first day.  From what I knew, Gaara and his sand siblings weren’t here to further our countries bonds and make friends with the people.  Temari in fact had said something about eliminating us soon.

Anger flared into me, did this boy take me for a fool!  Did he expect me to just be boy crazed and trust everything he said just because he treated me special?  “Do you take me for a fool?” I asked icily calm, my voice barely above a whisper. Kankuro’s whole body stiffened and he shivered at the sudden mood change, “I don’t trust anybody. I don’t need or want your friendship.  Keep it to yourself.”

With a swift turn, I faced to front and slid myself back into my seat.  This conversation was over and I wouldn’t engage in anymore with this boy. My senses were alert now and I was eager and antsy to get this test over with.  

“Everyone shut up and take your seats!” Ibiki mandated.  He waited for a couple seconds before he continues, “You are about to begin the first part of the Chunin Exam. For the first part, you will be given nine questions that you must complete.  After an hour, I will give you the tenth and final question. For every time you are caught cheating, two points will be deducted from your overall score.  Once one of your teammates reaches zero, you’re all out.  Every one of the teammates has to answer at least one question right to proceed.”

I groaned inwardly and raised my hand, Ibiki and I locked eye.  With a smirk he replied, “No question for the-“

I cut him off anyway, “If this is a pass or fail within a team, why can’t we use team work to make sure we all pass?”