Chapter 1

I can't believe it. I still can't believe it. I must be dreaming. I must have been dreaming the whole time. But it's really happening. My best friend pinched me a few times, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Because it really happened. Alex really asked me out after their show. And now I can only stand in front of my closet in my underwear, thinking about it. I remember that he was being so shy. He carefully tabbed my shoulder and when I turned around, it felt like my heart stopped for a moment. I took a deep breath so I wouldn't fangirl and scare him away with it. I bit my lip to not make any inappropriate noises. I mean, he just walked up to me and then looked down on me with his beautiful brown eyes. "I saw you dancing in the crowd and I just thought ... wait. No, you know what ... I'm probably intimidating you with that, so ... but ... um ... I just have to ask you. Do you want to go out with me ... tomorrow night?"My heart skipped a beat, more than one beat actually. A shiver crawled down my spine and then my heart started to beat faster. Am I dreaming?, I thought. But he was still looking down on me, playing with his hair in his fingers, maybe he was nervous. I started to think it was just a joke. Why would he want to go out with me? I looked around. Even just next to me there were standing so many girls who were so much prettier than me. I'm just a random fan at his show. Why would he just come down after the concert and talk to me? He wasn't drunk, right? "Are you serious?", was all I managed to say. He smiled shyly. "Yes...", he said. "I mean, if you're not confused because this is so sudden..." "That'd be nice", I say with a kind smile. I told myself to keep calm and not fangirl because then I'd just ruin everything. "Um ... would you give me your number then?", Alex asked. "I'll call you." I fumbled around in the pocket of my jeans and got my phone out. My hand was shaking so much, I was so nervous. He got out his phone as well and I dictated him my number. He read it out loud one time and I nodded so he knew he got it right. I breathed in and I breathed I out, I needed to calm down. Alex seriously just asked me for my number!, I freaked out inside. As he saved the number, he looked down on me again. "I'm looking forward to tomorrow." I blushed and smiled. I couldn't believe it, as I left the club I felt like I was flying. Alex really asked me out on a date, it's unbelievable. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and got it out again. "Yes?" "Hi! I'm just calling to tell you that I'll pick you up tomorrow, at eight. Text me your adress, I'll drive anywhere." My heart melted then and it does again as I think about it.

But now I'm standing in front of my closet and I have no idea what to wear. Because I have no idea where Alex is taking me. I already styled my hair and put on a decent make-up but now the question of what I should wear is bringing me down. And I get distracted the whole time. I just casually thought about where Alex is gonna take me but now it hits me again, wow! Where Alex is gonna take me, dammit! I still can't believe that he asked me out. How many fangirls would be jealous of that? It would be crazy if someone knew. But nobody does. He texted me this morning, saying that he can't wait. I grab my skinny jeans from the floor and put them on. It makes me think of All Time Low lyrics automatically. Take off your shirt, your shoes, those skinny jeans I bought for you...! I wonder who he wrote this song about. Then I take my phone and turn on the song loudly. I pick up a tight black top from the floor, hold it in front of my chest and look in the mirror. Again I wish I knew where he's taking me tonight so I could get dressed, knowing what it's for. It would seriously make the choice of clothing so much easier! My ATL shirt would be inappropriate, right? Yeah, probably. Suddenly I rememeber my Foo Fighters shirt and put it on, looking in the mirror. I know Alex loves them and so do I, so that would be good, right? I realise again that I'm such a fangirl though. Everytime he'll do something adorable tonight, I'll have to keep calm and try not to fangirl!, I know. Because one girly scream would probably ruin everything. I decide to wear the Foo Fighters top and turn to the shoes. Now, what shoes? Will I have to walk? Why did he not tell me about where we're going? But I can't wear that shirt, he'll probably know that I know that he loves them. It would look like I'm trying to hard. I take the shirt off again and look around. Maybe I could check my mum's closet. Oh god, five minutes? FUCK. I'm actually happy that no one's home though so my parents won't open when Alex gets here. I see a purple top at the back corner of my closet and grab it. It's tight but doesn't look cheap. I fastly put on black vans and then I already hear the doorbell. He's here. He really is. I take a quick look in the mirror again, I don't look as good as I thought. But there's no time to change left. I turn the music off. Then I sigh, take my purse and run downstairs. I open the door. He's wearing skinnies, a tight grey long-sleeve and brown boots. He looks so attractive. He smiles at me and my heart beats faster again. If someone would've told me last morning that this would happen, he would've just gotten the middle finger and a "fuck you" because I would've thought someone wanted to annoy me by telling me something like that would never happen. But he's actually here to pick me up, it wasn't a joke. That would've broken my heart. "You look stunning", he says. My heart beats even faster. He complimented me. Don't fangirl, don't fangirl! This is gonna be so tough. I hope I'm not gonna squeak when he makes me another compliment but I'm sure I'm blushing so much right now. "Thanks", I say. "You too", I add shyly. I see Alex bite his lip and playing with the hair in his neck. His hair looks perfect, as always. I wonder if he actually tried to look good for the date. But maybe it's just so perfect by itself. "So, you ready?", he asks with a polite smile. I can't help but smile too. I nod and close the door behind me. As soon as I stand next to him, he lies his hand on my back and guides me to his pretty car. Pretty car, oh, I don't have any clue about cars. He opens the door for me and I sit on the passenger seat. He pushes the door closed with his knee, walks around the car and sits in. Then he starts the car and looks at me with a smirk playing on his lips. He lets down the windows and I feel the wind blowing through my hair. As Alex still looks at me, I start to feel uncomfortable. "Focus on the street!", I say. He laughs but still doesn't even look forward. I'm asking myself if I should ask him about where we're going. I decide to. "Alex?", I ask shyly. "Yes?" He looks at me again, curiously. "Where are we going?" "What, you don't like surprises?" He grins and looks to the street. I smile and look out the window. Alright. He wants to surprise me. Alex, Alex Gaskarth, my favourite fuckin' lead singer, wants to surprise me on a date. I try not to fangirl and look up into the sky.