Chapter 4

Two nights straight I've dreamt about that moment in the car now. And even though I didn't want to talk about Alex that much so Anna isn't annoyed by it, she keeps asking me about the date and the kiss. I can't believe it. Alex kissed me. He kissed me. When I went to the show last week, all I hoped for was for him to see me and know about my existence and now I went out with him and he kissed me. It's unbelievable. I had to study for the last two days but during those exhausting days I got a text from Alex every now and then that really cheered me up. Asking me what I'm doing and telling me what he's doing. Just some sweet messages along the day and I don't fangirl anymore, I just get this warm feeling inside because I know that he thinks of me and because I actually started to like him for who he is. After only two dates. The situation is still weird from my point of view because I knew him before, I've been a fan and he gets to have all those moments finding out things about me. He just texted me and asked if I wanted to do something today. When I asked him what he's planning he just wrote that he wanted to take me to the paintball field. I've never done that but being a complete fangirl I saw it on Straight to DVD and know that Alex loves it. And I always wanted to try it anyway so Alex said he's gonna pick me up after school. But I told him that he should get me from home because I want to get changed. But actually I just don't want all the attention at school when Alex picks me up. At the same time I'm also scared of fangirls being around and that he's gonna see one of the prettier girls at my school, losing interest in me. But luckily he's fine with picking me up at home. I'm walking home, All Time Low on full blast in my headphones. I still fangirl over them as a band but not so much over Alex. I'm just afraid that he's gonna get bored of me after another date. I mean, I have nothing that could interest him. I'm not famous, I don't have money and I'm not pretty. What would he see in a nobody like I am one? I shake my head to make these thoughts leave my head because they only make me feel worthless and I normally hate when people bring themselves down. I finally get to my house and get changed. I put on skinny jeans with holes on the knees and an old hoodie. The outfit is not really good for a date with Alex so I use a little more make-up and style my hair in a way it won't get destroyed that easily. The key for that is obviously a lot of hairspray. My make-up doesn't even look slutty because I'm having it on with the comfy clothes and the hairstyle. I'm confident about not having to dress up that much because I know exactly what's waiting for me. The doorbell rings and my heart automatically beats faster. Why am I even looking forward to these dates so much? I grab my bag and open the door. I go out and he hugs me tightly. I smile as he doesn't see my face. And I breathe in deeply because he smells so amazing. "Ready for the fight?", he asks with a smile while we're getting into the car. "I've never done that before so don't be mean!", I say. "I'm not really good at it, Zack and Jack always win, I never do." "But you love it so much." "It's still fun even though you lose." "Alright, so I can't get disappointed." "Never", he laughs. "So how was your day? And how did the exams go?" "I think I did good in the one yesterday but I'm sure I failed today." "Nah, I don't think you failed." "I'm so tired of all that studying, you were really cheering me up with your texts. He smiles. "Happy to help", he says and turns on the radio. We both start singing along to Techno Fan by The Wombats. "Oh, someone's into pop music!", Alex says with a grin. I laugh because he can also sing along to it. We both fake the british accent the singer has at the same time. As we watch eachother singing along though, we both laugh again.

As we get to the field and Alex gets the overalls and the paintball guns, I start to feel even more happy that I get to do this with him. And I'm also excited because I've never been to a paintball field before. I see Alex coming back with the stuff. He hands me a pink gun and an overall. "Oh, I'm sure I'll look totally sexy in that. Not!" "I'm sure you will", he says and winks. I blush as I'm putting on the overall which is sprinkled with paintball colors. Alex hands me the glasses and puts on his stuff as well. We both look at eachother and start laughing. I don't want to imagine how ridiculous I probably look right now but Alex looks funny as hell. He smiles as I look at the gun and try to figure out how to use it. He puts his hand around mine and hugs me from behind so he can teach me how to use it. My heart beats faster and faster, he's so close. "Look. You just focus through this thing right here and then you shoot. But remember, we're just playing for fun. Yeah ... exactly, like that. I think you'll beat me." He lets go of me and smiles as he takes his own green gun. "I'm scared!", I laugh. "Don't be! There's nobody else playing right now, it's just us." "Okay..."

I don't know how much time passes but after a while I realise that I'm almost out of paintballs in the gun and I saw Alex hide behind some big plastic box in the middle of the field but I don't know where he is, I hide myself behind a really heavy rock. I'm scared he's gonna surprise me from somewhere. So far he got me like a thousand times and I have paint all over my overall but I only got him once. I turn around and look for him. I saw a few other people starting to play but I didn't see Alex around. Where is he? He could just scare me out of the sudden, I'm so sure of that. Suddeny I see him behind some blue boxes but he doesn't see me. I go around the rock I was hiding behind to make my way to him unnoticed. As he sees me he runs up to me and I shoot the last few paintballs that don't hit him because he avoids them so well! Suddenly I'm out of paintballs, my gun is empty. "Shit!", I shout. "Sorry, I think I win", he says with a smile and shoots the last two paintballs he has into my direction but misses on purpose. "Not fair!", I joke. He laughs, takes my hand and pulls me onto a big amount of hay next to the boxes he has been hiding behind. He holds me close and throws the guns to the side so we both fall into the hoy. He lands on top of me and we both burst out laughing. But then he takes off his glasses and then mine slowly. He leans down on his elbow next to me and smiles as I'm lying on my back, looking up to him. I sit up a little as he looks down on me and he puts his hand under my chin softly. Then he leans down to me and gently presses his lips on mine. I close my eyes and pull him closer towads me by lying my hands into his neck. I hear loud shouts of winning or losing of the paintball teams from far away but all that really seems to exist right now is me and Alex on the groud while he kisses me from above. We both smile at the same time, look into eachother's eyes and then he kisses me again so we both close our eyes again.

As he drops me off at home, it's dark already. We got dinner after the paintball fight and the beautiful kiss. I wonder what our relationship is. We're not together obviously, no. But we're also not only friends. I'm afraid to ask him so I just enjoy the next kiss on my lips in front of the door. Nobody's home, I could invite him in. But I'm too shy and as he lets go of me and walks up to his car, I don't manage to say anything else. "Sweet dreams!", I hear him say as he blows a kiss into my direction through the window and then he drives away.

I wake up the next morning, to see that I got a text from Alex. I just woke up after seeing him in my dreams and now he texted me. I automatically feel good and open the message.

I'll take you to band practice on Saturday if you have time. I want you to meet the guys.