Chapter 27

Because I was grounded I enjoyed the time with my friends in school even more. We're all nervous because of the last final. Today is also the last day I'm grounded. In the cafeteria our table is filled with papers, books and notes that should help us study. I studied all these days and Alex sneaked in every night again to just sleep next to me. I was so tired and I'm so happy that he came over and made me laugh all the time when I was upset. Even though we couldn't spend the days together, he cheered me up with texts the whole time. "We can do it! It's the last final! I'm so motivated!", Anna shouts. Greta laughs. "I am too. We can do it!" "And then we'll have so much time off!", I say and laugh too. "Those few days of school before holiday didn't really seem necessary, right?", Kristen asks. "You're right but it's so cool that we're free after that. We'll just have to wait for the results and then classes are over!", I say. No one even thinks of studying, we're all way too nervous. But I'm prepared, my mum's gonna be so proud because I have a good feeling about all the finals. "Any plans with prince charming?", Kristen asks. "No but I'm sure we'll do something the next few days because he kept telling me he can't wait to take me out again." "That's so cute. As you talk about it, I also have a date tonight", Anna says. "Really?", I shout. "Who is it?", Greta asks curiously. "I met him in sports class, he's new in town." "Is he cute?", Kristen asks while we start packing our stuff together. The bell rings. "Really cute", Anna says. I smile. I'm so happy for her. We all stand up and review our notes one more time. We go to the class all quiet. Time for the last final.

We all work through it really good and we're all confident about the results we'll get in a few days. I'm so happy. And then as I wait for the bus Anna tells me all about the guy she's going out with. Now that we're alone I get a lot more detailed talk about him. I'm really happy for her and tell her to call me as soon as she gets home after, no matter what time it will be then. She promises and as I get home I call Alex to tell him I'm finally free. My mum asks me about the finals and jokingly about when Alex is gonna pick me up. As I run down the stairs because I'm done she pulls me aside for a second. "See, honey. He's worth it. He waited until you're not grounded anymore. I mean ... except for every night of course." I blush crazily. "What?" "Did you think I didn't notice anything?", she asks with a wink. Oh, shit. Shit. "Oh, god...", I stutter. I don't know what to say but I'm happy we weren't that loud. "Mum..." "It's okay. He obviously really likes you." "He does, right?" "Yeah. Now go and have fun." I smile and hug her. "Thanks." I walk to the door and see Alex standing there with a flower bouquet. "Aw, that's so cute", I say and smile. He gently pulls me closer and kisses me. "I'll put them in a vase for you", my mum says and I hand her the flowers. "Thanks, bye!" Alex lies his arm around me and we walk to the car.

He drives quite a long time until we leave the highway and he's going down a small country road. "Where are we going?", I ask. "Surprise", he replies with a grin. I don't even go on asking, I just look at the landscape. "Wow, it's beautiful out here", I say amazed. Then he drives down smaller ways and then it goes up some hills. He finally stops but we're in the middle of nowhere. We're on a hill. He gets out of the car and opens the door for me. As I get out too he picks up a picnic basket from the backseat. My heart melts. Why is he so cute?, I ask myself. "Come on." He takes my hand and after a few seconds of going up the hill I see a nice point of view. The cliffs and the sea right under it. "That's amazing, I don't believe it." "I found this place with Jack." "You found everything with Jack", I say with a laugh. He laughs too. He puts a blanket down on the ground and we sit. We both take off our shoes and Alex starts unpacking the picnic basket. "A little left over cake Zack and I baked yesterday, some fruit salad, um ... cheese and chips", he comments. "Oh and champagne." "For what?", I ask with a wink as I see him getting out a bottle and two glasses. "Because you're free and we can go out tonight." He fills the glasses with champagne and hands me one. We both raise them into the air and cheer. "I love you", he says and locks my eyes.