Chapter 3

I can't focus in class this morning. I still think about last night, it's crazy. I even dreamt about our date. I told my best friend Anna a few minutes ago and she totally fangirled so she was sat to the other side of the class because we were annoying the teacher so much with our talk. But she still waves and winks into my direction across the whole classroom. And when I start dreaming, my eyesight becomes fuzzy and she laughs about that quietly. The guy Anna had to swap seats with is actually really weird and just sits next to me without doing anything. He's not paying attention but he's not doing anything else either, he just sits there all absent. The teacher obviously made Anna sit somewhere else so we can focus but I still dream and fangirl over last night on the inside. All those things Alex said to me, I would have never even dreamt about anything what happened before. As soon as the bell rings, I pack my stuff together as fast as I can and leave the class. By the door I wait for Anna. "I still can't believe it!", she shouts as we walk outside. "Shh!" I don't want anyone to know, either because they wouldn't believe me anyway or they wouldn't have a clue who Alex Gaskarth even is. "You don't want anyone to find out? Please! Why not? It's amazing! Anyone who likes him will be so jealous! Imagine their faces!", she shouts. "Seriously! You're my best friend, I don't want anyone to know, you're the only one who knows. Please, don't tell anybody." "Alright, alright." "Thank you!", I genuinely say. I really don't want anyone to know. We sit at a table in the back of the cafeteria and unpack our food. We both take our phones out too and lie them on the table. Mine suddenly starts to vibrate. My heart beats faster even though it's just a text but my eyes go wider as I see that it's from Alex. "Is that him?", Anna asks from the other side of the table. I can only nod and then she already sits next to me, staring at the display of my phone while the message is loading.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'll pick you up at 8 again tonight. You choose where we're going. x

"Is that the cutest thing ever or what?", Anna squeaks. I shiver again, yes, it is the cutest thing ever. "Yeah", I reply and put my phone next to me, then I start eating. "Don't you wanna reply?" "No, I'll wait a few minutes, I don't want to seem weird." She laughs. "Oh, you're stupid." "No, I'm smart." "A genius", she adds sarcastically. "Here we are, guys!", she shouts and I turn around even though I just wanted to text back. I see Kristen and Greta walk into the cafeteria and they sit with us. I turn away from Kristen next to me a little so she doesn't see my text. I feel Anna's look on me because I know she wants to tell them. But I'm also sure she won't without my permission.

Yeah, 8 sounds good. But I don't need to choose, surprise me again! x

I actually can't wait. My phone vibrates again but I already know it's Anna who doesn't want to say something out loud because she knows Kristen and Greta are not supposed to hear it.

I'm so happy for you, gladly I'm not an ATL fangirl so I'm not jealous.

I put my phone away and laugh at Anna from across the table. She just grins. "So who are you texting?", Kristen asks. "No one", I fastly reply. She realises that I don't want to tell her and so she starts eating as well.

The rest of the break and the school day passes quickly because I spend the time in my mind. I think about later but I try not to expect anything from tonight because I might get disappointed then. I actually can't wait though. Last night was so great and he wanted to see me again so that means he likes me. Oh man, he actually likes me! I can't even ... believe it. It's just crazy. On my way home I realise that it'll only be like four hours until he picks me up. So I take a relaxed shower and let my hair dry by itself because then it looks best. I eat some lunch and tweet some stuff because I have so much time left. Tonight I can gladly be a little more specific while picking my clothes because I know that we're just gonna have dinner. Even though I don't know the exact place, it's not a problem because there is something I like at every place. After my hair is dry, I start to style it in the bathroom. I curl it and it doesn't even look as bad as it usually does. I feel confident about it and start to do my make-up. I keep it natural and just use a little eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. Then I apply some powder and blush my cheekbones. I smile into the mirror, I look better than last night but still not good, in my opinion. But Alex made me a compliment last night which I will probably never forget. With done hair and make-up I go back into my room. I take a nervous look at the clock. Two hours left, I can't wait. I sit on my laptop again and talk to some people on Twitter until they start fangirling over Alex because he posted a picture of himself that everyone loves. I'm afriad to retweet it though because then he might see that I fangirl over him. Then I get an idea, I go to his account and look at his latest tweets. The last one is the picture and the one before is from midnight.