16.Identity Compromised

Hey guys! I've made a trailer for the book I hope you enjoy it! Check it out up above! ⬆

The police had left the church and Ethan was still under the crucifix unconscious. The police closed the church doors and Carson got a call from Grace.
"Hello?"

"Dad can you check up on Ben if you have the chance?"

"I mean sure but whats wrong?"

"Emma came over and told me that she broke up with Ben and that he waa furious and smashed things. Dad I'm worried for him,he's been through alot in the span of a couple days. Just please go check up on him."

"Sure thing,I'll be there in a bit."

He hung up and notified the officers he was leaving. He told them to keep him informed if anything changed. He drove off and began making his way to Ben's house. As he drove to Ben's house he thought of the fact that when Spider-Man had become more violent and angry,what were the chances that Ben had this rage in him aswell. He brushed it off as a coincidence but felt uneasy about heading to his house.

Ben had crawled down the side of the chruch in a white shirt and blue jeans.
"What have i done...I should at least be questioning how I saw my father right?! Or was that all just part of the symbiotes tricks?" Ben didn't have his web shooters on. He then thought to himself.
"Em...I have to go talk to her. I need to apologize for what I did,everything that I did. Mom...I need to go see her first." Ben ran to the hospital as quickly as he could.

Ben made it to the hospital and took the elevator to his mother's floor.
"Hopefully she's doing better" said Ben as he leaned on the elevators rail. He got out of the elevator and walked into his mother's room. She was in bed and looked sound asleep. Ben quietly closed the door and walked to his mothers side. He took a seat on the chair and saw all the flowers she had revived from Grace,Emma,Harry,Felicia,and Carson.
"Everybody came to visit except me..." He said quietly. He lightly helx his mother's hand hanging off the bed.
"If only I was there,you wouldn't be here" he said to himself sadly. He then heard his mother speak.
"It's okay Ben,I'm just glad your safe"

His mother's eyes opened and she sat up slowly.
"I'm so sorry I didn't come earlier mom,It's just...I guess I really have no excuse huh?"

"It's alright Ben,Emma told me what happend."

Ben's eyes widened slightly and then he looked at his mother.
"W-What did she tell you?"

"About as much as I figured. She told me that you ran over here the day that I got shot,that you were trying to find a way to help,and that you too are dating."

"Were,were dating..."

"What do you mean Ben?"

Ben let out a sigh as he thought about what he did in the black suit's control.
"I-I hurt her...I made a promise to her and I broke it."

"Oh Ben...I know you didn't mean to hurt her. That's just not you."

"I can't forgive myself for the things I've done,I don't think I ever will."

His mother gave him a hug and kissed his forehead.
"Forgiving yourself is always the hardest part,but you need to tell her how you feel and apologize. You're a good person Ben that I know for sure. I know you will do the right thing."

Ben let out a small smile and then looked out the window.
"She's right,I need to talk to her."
Ben got up and hugged his mother.
"Thanks mom,I'll come by later and see how you're doing." His mother's nodded and waved goodbye. Ben walked into the elevator and began to think to himself.
"Thankfully Emma didn't tell her who I am,but I feel guilty. Should I just tell her that I am Spider-Man? What that really be such a bad thing?" The elevator doors began to close and the elevator descended.

Ben made it to his house and opened the door but his spider sense went off.
"The door was already opened" thought Ben to himself. He went inside the house and walked quietly to his room. He grabbed the door knob and he opened the door only to find Carson holding Ben's mask and his web shooters.
"You're Spider-Man?!"