22.So What? You're Just Giving Up?

Ben and Emma had been together for a week and they were leaving school. Emma and Ben held hands as they walked to the main entrance of the school. School had ended and they were walking to the parking lot. Ben saw Emma out of the corner of his eye and he turned to look at her. He noticed she had a scratch mark on the back of her neck. He then heard Grace talk to him.
"Ben? Is everything alright?"

"Y-Yeah I'm just a bit tired,thats all"

Grace starred at Ben for a bit and then continued walking to the parking lot.
"This is about Ethan isn't it?" Asked Grace in a sad tone.
"Yeah,I don't think I'm ready to go to the Funeral. I know it's a week away but it's just weird not seeing him here." Grace nodded and patted Ben on the back.
"It's okay Ben,maybe this was meant to happen. I don't want to sound insensitive or anything but,maybe there's something to be learned from everything that happens." Ben nodded and instantly thought of his choice to stop being Spider-Man. They reached the parking lot and they got in Grace's new car. Ben sat in the passengers seat and put his back pack in the back seat along with Grace's. Ben looked at his calendar and looked at the fuenral date. He let out a small sigh and turned off his phone.

It was now the day of Ethan's funeral and he was dressed in all black. He was at Grace's front door and knocked. The door opened and he saw that Carson opened the door for him.
"Come in Ben" said Carson almost seriously. Ben walked in and felt a tingle in his spine as he walked in. He felt like Carson was going to tell Grace all about his secret life as Spider-Man.
"Where's Grace?" Asked Ben.
"She's getting dressed,but you and I need to have a talk."
Ben looked at Carson almost threatingly.
"About?"

"I think you know Ben" said Carson as he turned to look at the suitcase on the floor. Ben turned to look at it and said quietly to Carson.
"If you're going to arrest me just do it. I'm done with that life."

"I'm not going to arrest yoy Ben,I wanted to say...I'm sorry"

Ben was caught off guard and took a step back.

"I was wrong about you. You saved my ass more times than I can count and we need you back."

Ben shook his head.
"No,I'm done." He pointed to the suitcase and said
"That has given me nothing but pain and death,I will not risk anyone anymore." Said Ben angrily and quietly

"So what? You're just giving up on these people?" Said Carson angrily and quietly

"I'm trying to keep people like her safe from this life!" Said Ben angrily and quietly as he pointed upstairs to Grace's room.

Both Ben and Carson became quiet as they heard Grace come out from her room.