21.A Normal Life

Two weeks had gone by since Ben stopped being Spider-Man,it was now December and New York had small amounts of snow. Ben was heading to school,he has been absent from school for almost a month now. Ben had on his blue jeans,a long sleeve grey shirt under his jacket,and he had his headphones on as he waited for the city bus to come by. He was listening to Vindicated by Dashboard confessional as he sat on the bench at the bus stop. He had his hood on and he looked down to his shoes lightly covered in snow.
"This is where I met Em,I screwed up big time. She was the only person who I could confide in and tell my secrets too and I threw it away because I was too stubborn to listen. I pushed her away and now,she's not talking to me. All of this because of me,I still don't even know why I became Spider-Man,but I do know one thing. I'm done with that life,it only brought me pain and suffering,something I can't get out of my head is that I single handedly hurt those closest to me." Thought Ben to himself as he sat on the cold bench. He heard the bus come and he stood up. He then felt the hand of someone tap his shoulder. He turned around and saw Grace.
"Hey Ben" said Grace with a caring and sofy tone.

"Hey Grace..." Said Ben awkwardly as he could only think of the burning building and her hanging from the ceiling.

Ben got on the bus and took a seat. Grace followed and sat next to Ben.
"What's wrong Ben?" Asked Grace as she felt that Ben wasn't right,as if he had changed.
"It's...It's alot Grace."

"Tell me,I have time"

Ben turned to look at her and he took out his headphones.
"It's just,I feel responsible for all that's been going on. I caused Joel's death,I caused what happened to my mom,I caused what happend to Ethan,I caused you and Emma so much pain."

Grace looked at Ben caringly and confused,she put her hand on his.
"Ben all of this was out of your control,don't put all the blame on yourself. I know you're a caring guy and Emma told me you guys broke up,but this isn't your fault."

Ben shook his head slightly.
"You don't understand Grace,there's something that I could've done to stop all of this" said Ben almost angered.

"Then let me in Ben,tell me what you need to say" she said caringly.

"I've been meaning to tell you something for the longest time,I'm..." He stopped and thought about Emma and what Spider-man caused between them.

"You're what Ben?" Asked Grace.

"I'm...Wondering if you know when Ethan's funeral is?"

"It's next week,But Ben,please don't put all of this on yourself."

Ben nodded and put his head on her shoudlers and closed his eyes. He then thought to himself.
"A normal life,a normal life,a normal life."
He felt Grace hold his hand and he held hers. He then thought to himself and realized something,he remembered what Venom told him.
"We know the one's you love..." He then opened his eyes as he now knew he was free of Spider-Man and could just be Ben Allen. He could finally have what he wanted. Ben lifted his head from her shoulders and he looked into her brown eyes and said
"I love you". Grace smiled and she leaned in for a kiss. Ben leaned in aswell. They both kissed and then the bus stopped. They got off together and held hands to the entrance to the school. Ben them thought to himself
"A normal life"