29.Face to Face with Black Cat

Ben had made it to Grace's house. He noticed that Carson wasn't home but he saw a light from Grace's room. Ben crawled onto the window and knocked on it. Grace turned to the window as she got a little frightened. She got out of her chair and opened up the window for Ben.
"Woah, nice suit. Did you make it?"

"Yeah, and I got you something"

Ben crawled through the window and into her room. Ben dropped to the floor and landed on his feet. Grace closed her window and turned to face Ben.
"So what did you bring?" Asked Grace curiously.

"Well I brought you this" said Ben as he pulled out the chip. He handed it to her and she took it and examined it.
"This is Oscorp tech. Did? Did you steal this?" Asked Grace as she held the chip in her hand.

"Well...yeah I guess I did. But! But it was for the right reason" said Ben trying to explain himself. Grace laughed a bit and patted his shoulder.
"It's okay, I know you didn't mean any harm but, next time let me know and I can do it for you. You almost got my boyfriend killed by Black Cat" said Grace as she put the chip into her computer. Ben looked at her strange and tilted his head. He crossed his arms and leanded on the wall.
"How do you know that?"

Grace turned to look at him and raised her eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"

"No one has a name for her, not even the media. I know your dad's a police officer but even they aren't calling her by Black Cat. You know something, and you need to tell me what you know" said Ben as he leaned against the wall.

"Fine, you caught me. I know who she is but I'm not gonna tell you. I made the same agreement with her to keep it anonymous. She said she was going after you to try and help you. She told me that you ignored her" said Grace as she raided her eyebrow angrily at him.

"I didn't believe her but because in the past Oscorp was accused of selling illegal weapons but that turned out to be false"

"Well I suggest you get a move on then"

"What do you mean?"

"Cat went to Oscorp. I told her about a shipment of vibranium from Wakanda thats being sold to Oscorp, or I guess more accurately stone by someone working for Oscorp"

"Vibranium? You mean Wakanda is real? Like it's an actual place?" Asked Ben shocked.

"Yeah, but the entire world except for a few knows it exists. I suggest you go help Cat. Don't know if Mr.Negative is going to be there but if he shows up it'll best if you just leave. Don't blow Cat's cover" said Grace to be as she put on a headset on her computer.

"Alright, I'll keep you informed through coms. Oh and I don't know if you'll be able to see what I see but it I'll see if that works" said Ben as he crawled through the window and began swinging.

"I guess I'm part of an animal kingdom now..." Said Grace jokingly.

Ben started swinging but didn't turn on his coms with Garce yet. He pondered who was The Black Cat.
"She knows who I am, Grace, and they are in contact" said Ben to himself as he swung through the city. Ben followed a trail of scratch marks on ceilings towards Black Cat.
"I think I know who they are, just have to prove my theory" said Ben as he leaped and flipped off his web. Ben shot a web that caught him last second before hitting traffic. He swung up fast and got a lot of hang time. He flipped in mid air and saw an outline if Black Cat. He dove down to the roof top and rolled behind her. Black Cat turned to look at Ben angrily.
"What do you want?" She said angrily

Ben stood up straight from his pose and looked at her in the eyes. A bright emerald green, contrasting with her white hair.
"You were right" said Ben

She chuckled
"That's a first"

"Look I know you know who I am, I need to know if I'm right about who you are" said Ben as he began taking off his mask. Cat grabbed the bottom of his mask and pulled it back down.
"Don't tell me you don't like a little risk Ben, what's the fun in that" she said while biting her red glossed lip.
Ben grabbed her hand and took it off the mask.
"This isn't about fun Cat! I'm here becuase I want to help you take down Negative Tombstone" said Ben  seriously. Cat corrected Ben.
"Actually sweety it's Tombstone and Oscorp" she said as she crossed her arms. She then took notice of his new suit. She took a long glance and didn't say anything.
"Let me guess you prefer black? Ain't that right...Em" he said as he took of her Black mask around her eyes. Her hair then became black again. She grabbed her mask back quickly and put it on. Her hair changed back to white and she turned away from Ben.
"So this is what you do now?" Asked Ben.

"You weren't there, someone had to be there Ben" she said still not looking at him.

"Are you still mad at me?" Asked Ben in a soft caring voice as he put his hand on her shoulder. She aggressively pushed his hand off and turned around as she gave him an angry expression.
"What do you think?! You just up and leave and don't return my calls when I'm worried about you?! Then you come back from retirement and expect me to forgive you?!" She said angrily and on the brink of tears. Ben took off his mask and let it drop to the floor. He had a sad expression and looked at her angey watery eyes.
"Did you even bother to check up on me after you got rid of the symbiote?! No! You didn't! You just ignored me when I needed you most! Then I find out that my own father is in on this city wide gang war and who isn't there to help? You abandoned me Ben! Don't you see?! I loved you and all you did was ignore me! I tried to help but you wouldn't listen!" She said angrily with tears rolling down her face. Ben tried saying what he wanted to say but, nothing came out.
"Now you're dating Grace, and I'm just a whisper in the wind to you now. Tell me Ben, does she know? Does she know that you are going out and risking your life?" She said as she wiped tears from her face.

"No..." Said Ben sadly

"Let me guess Ben, you already let her into this, didn't you"

Ben said nothing.

"You can't hide this from her, becuase when she finds out Ben, you'll already be dead to her. Like I was dead to you."

Ben finally said something as he just said what was on his mind.
"I didn't mean to hurt you Em! I thought that if I left you out of this! All of this that you would be safe! I was wrong and I'll admit it. I shouldn't have done that to you. I know I have to tell Grace about this but I've caused people to go mad without them knowing who I am! I've caused my mom to be sent to the hospital! My best friend died to something I created! I caused a death of another friend! Don't you think id love to tell her?! I can't tell her! I'm trying to protect her!" Said Ben angrily.

Ben and Emma stood of the rooftop with nothing to say to each other. They had expressed their emotions and feelings. This had been the first time they've had a conversation face to face in months. Ben and Emma then gave each other a hug. They felt something as neither one of them had actually gotten over the other. Emma looked up at Ben and Ben looked down at her.
"Let's go stop that delivery...tiger" said Emma as she began walking to the edge of the rooftop with her mask on.
"Yeah...Yeah..." Said Ben as he put on his mask.