Chapter 33

I felt like the space between Zayn and I was too wide that it was impossible to reach him. Thoughts about what he was going to think, began to cloud my mind and I dreaded his reaction.

As I made my way slowly, I held onto the confidence that was radiating inside me to perform the act. However, a member of their management spotted me and began to make his way towards me.

"Could I have a word?" He asked me as he tapped my shoulder with his free hand, as the other held a walkie-talkie.

I looked up at him and nodded, not having a clue about what he could have wanted. I remember feeling slightly frustrated that he had to stop me as I just wanted to get the truth over and done with.

He walked me to the side and said, his voice serious and dry, "I want to say this in the most polite way possible, but the fact is that I must ask you to stop seeing Zayn."

"I'm sorry?" I was completely taken aback.

"What we want now, is for the boys to be promoted, and we need people in the buisness, sweetheart. I'm sure you're really fond of him, but if you truly liked him you would understand that his life is very different to yours."

"I'm not allowed to see him?" I mumbled lowly, feeling my cheeks redden.

"It's for the best. Your story in the papers has now been arising anger between their fans, and this doesn't quite put us in a good situation, especially since we have a movie to promote."

"M-My story?"

I felt as though the confidence inside me was slowly being stripped away, like sand running in between my fingers.

"You still don't know? Sorry, sweetheart. But someone got a good bit of money from sharing your information to the media. Reckon she might have been close to you, as-"

"Who was it?" I began to panic. That was exactly what I didn't want.

"Well, I have no idea, sweetheart. They didn't say their name, and we tried to find out, because we like to keep an eye on everything, but we still don't know. I suggest you take it lightly these days, the mentioning of your school is bound to attract some unwelcome people but don't panic. Just ignore them, we'll sort it out, alright?"

His last few words were slightly more upbeat, as he patted my shoulder again. However, the gesture was far from comforting.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Well, the obvious! Call whatever you have going on with Zayn off. It's for your own good, sweetheart."

I really wished he stopped calling me sweetheart, it was adding to my nerves and abashment. I felt helpless completely broken. His words themselves even felt surreal, they were hovering in mind but not quite absorbing into my brain yet.

"Dion!" Zayn's call in the background suddenly caught my attention and I looked at the guy with a worrying look on my face, but he only squeezed my shoulder and left.

"You alright, babe?" Zayn asked as he reached my side.

No, No, I don't want to do this.

"Yeah." I smiled and looked into his eyes.

"I really want to ask you something..." He looked down at his feet, and I can feel his nerves tingling against my palm as he entwined his fingers with mine.

I bit my tongue trying not to cry, as the situation overwhelmed me completely. I didn't know what to do. Thoughts about the story in the paper was beginning to make me feel sick, and the fact that I had to stop seeing Zayn made matters even worse. Ironically, the truth about the dinner with Harry seemed to vanish from my mind as there were more pressing matters in front of me.

"Dion, I want you to be my girlfriend."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is now slowly approaching its end. I still have a couple of chapters left, but just warning ya ;) xo

PLEASE COMMENT