Chapter 29

He was wearing a black blazer; smartly matched with a white buttoned-up shirt and black jeans. If I wasn't angry, I would have actually noticed how good-looking he truly looked. However, it wasn't merely my anger that kept me from thinking about those thoughts, but also my surprise. 

It was obvious that Harry Styles was good looking, yet those thougths shouldn't be entering my mind at all. Zayn Malik was whom I was fond of and not his bandmate. This guy, standing in the threshold with a smile playing upon his lips, was none of my concern nor my interest.

I wanted to find Zayn in my house. Definitely not Harry.

"Dion, princess, look who's 'ere!" My father stated the obvious with a grin. I knew very well the little game he was playing. Him and mother were both eager to see me with a boyfriend; yet my father still held more restrain unlike my mother -who would accept anyone. Father clearly wanted me to choose this curly haired guy.

"Hello," I muttered politely. Despite my shock and frustration, I still had to show good manners.

"Hi," He smiled a dimpled smile, and looked at my face eagerly. "I hope you won't mind my stay for dinner." His tone didn't sound hopeful; he knew I was going to accept. I remember thinking that he was probably putting up a show in front of my parents.

"It's okay," I said and walked past him to the dining room. I was never able to say no, but at least my walking off would give the impression I wanted to make.

"Dion!" My father snapped, and quickly apologised to Harry.

They followed me to the dining room, but I ignored the looks my father was giving me. Is he that desperate? I thought.

"You two sit down," Mum suddenly said as she linked her arm around my dad's and took him to the kitchen. "Dinner's almost ready!"

"Do you need any help, Mrs Horowitz?" Harry blinked and spoke to her. I don't know how that may have affected my mum, but I saw a flicker of blush creep on her cheeks.

"Oh no, sweetheart. We can manage." She smiled and then turned to give me a look that meant 'for-the-love-of-Christ-don't-do-anything-stupid.

I drummed my fingers as I quickly nodded and watched my parents leave. Harry suddenly drew a chair opposite mine and sat down, mimicking my movements.

I looked down at the rings on his fingers and watched his long fingers drum the table.

"What's with the rings?" I found myself asking. I don't know what came over me, but as I sat there, I realised I wasn't at all nervous.

I thought I may be embarrasingly awkward as I perhaps was with Zayn, but I found I didn't feel any sign of distress at all. I was able to think as I used to before I truly encountered any of these guys before.

"What do you mean?" He turned his palm around and inspected his rings with a small frown. "Don't you like them?"

"No."

"That's a lie." He said as he began drumming his fingers again. I saw him take the inside of his right cheek and chew on it as his eyes looked at me.

I saw how his long eyelashes swiped his cheek every time he blinked, and saw the little cheeky smile that he was now giving me.

“It’s not.” I protested, leaning back on my seat.

“You’re lying again.” He mused as he leaned back in his seat again and carried on watching me.

“What are you doing here?” I changed the subject; not in the mood to play whatever game he was playing with me.

“I was invited for dinner and well… Here I am!” He grinned falsely, flashing most of his white teeth.