Chapter 3

The words may have only been a whisper, but the excitement that had erupted around me only triggered more chaos. People didn't know what to do; there were girls laughing, others flailing, others blankly staring into space - anticipating the boys' arrival - and then there was Monroe.

She, unlike the othe girls, was possessed - that was the only word I could describe her with. She looked like she was choking on her own breath. Her hands, along with her whole body, were trembling and she couldn't stop herself from rocking back and forth. I was amazed at her response, I remember just sitting there looking at her, forcing myself not to laugh. Of course, I tried to calm her down, but it was no use. Monroe, carried on gasping sharply, and I could hear the loud thumps of her heart palpitating against her skin. I swear, if Niall doesn't marry this girl, I don't know what I will do to him, I thought to myself.

Our headmaster then took hold of the mike again and tried to get us to be quiet. I could see it in his eyes that he was thinking the same thing I was - a pandemonium had been created.

"Please, girls," He looked around pleadingly, "if you could control yourselves for just one moment. I would like to make a very special announcement."

But the girls, as well as some boys, began to scream as they spotted a hefty man lurking in the background, I presumed he was a bodyguard because he had his arms crossed over his chest and a tense expression on his face. I heard some girls scream "Paul!", so I also assumed that was his name. I remember thinking, how these girls came to know all of this? Personally, I thought it was slightly stalker-ish of them.

"There's no use," I heard the headmaster mutter to himself before giving up. He sighed briefly and then let a smile unwrap on his lips. "It's wonderful to stand up here and present to you all some very special guests. I know, how much you have all been waiting for them, the excitement in this room is truly remarkable and I can now gladly welcome this very special honour. Ladies and gentelmen, please give it up for ... One Direction!"

Oh my gosh; was all I remember thinking.

The absolute clatter of screams and brisk emotions of everyone around me had made our hall look like a madhouse.

I'd be lying if I said that the energy around me hadn't gotten me excited. It was just that the atmosphere was so lively and the spirts were so high! Besides, I was only human and it would be mean of me if I didn't recognise their good looks.

I looked over to Monroe as she jumped to her feet like the rest of them; she had her arms bashing around in the air and kept her eyes peeled as one by one the boys began to make their appearance.

First came Zayn Malik, leading the group. It was as though he was working a catwalk; his jaw was tense and his eyes were squinting even though there weren't any rays of sun in the way. He stood at the end of the platform, one hands was in the pocket of his remarkably tight trousers and the other was brushing the tuft of blond hair at the front of his head. I noticed that he kept looking at the floor and tried not to make too much eye contact with us. I for one, certainly didn't blame him. But I later learnt, that he was just shy.

Then, came Louis Tomlinson. He, unlike Zayn, came flashing a smile, his white teeth dazzled some of the girls and they became even more agitated, if that was even possible! He was wearing, what reminded me of a marine oufit, a stripey t-shit, rolled up trousers and espadrilles. When he went to join his fellow bandmate, it seemed as though they had shared a private joke because they both chuckled to themselves. Louis bounced on his toes as he waved at us, before making one of the girls behind me start crying.

"AHH! Oh. My. GOD!" Monroe screams had tripled in volume, I had to cover my ear before she deafened me.

As you may have guessed, Niall Horan was the third member to come on stage. All I can say is that his Irish charm had gotten to everyone. All he had to say was a simple "hello guys" to make Monroe salivate. I then understood why my best friend fantasised about this guy all day - he had the most mezmerising blue orbs I had ever laid eyes upon. It was like looking at cloudless sky, limitless and warm.

It then hit me that it wasn't such a great idea to sit at the front, because I had to hold Monroe several times from climbing up on the stage.

Soon enough, she had given up trying to touch her idol as a teacher near us began giving her a warning look; eventually, I left her to fangirl as I diverted my eyes to the next person to come up. Liam Payne walked onto the stage slightly nervous, I remember him scratching the back of his neck as he stood in front of the microphone, next to Niall. He was wearing a rolled up blazer that outline his broad shoulders. It was clear that he enjoyed working out as his arms were powerfully built and the muscle that he had exposed made the girls swoon.

Finally, Harry Styles followed close behind. His looping curls were bouncing with every step he took and I noticed that a dimple had formed on his cheek as he smiled at us. The girl with the unattracive bow on her head went wild, and she started shouting I-love-you's at him. And when Harry unsuspectedly returned her gesture, she couldn't help but cry as well. I should admit, that when he said that, a chill coursed through my body, but I am still convinced it was because the door had been opened and not because of the huskiness of his voice.

"Congratulation guys on winning!" Liam began once Harry stood beside him. "It's awesome to be here, honestly, we love meeting our fans."

The boys nodded in unison and offered us kind smiles. But I realised that Louis was wobbling in his spot uncomfortably, as though wanting the loo. Soon, his discomfort had caputred one member's attention and Niall turned to look at him, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"What's wrong man?" I heard him whisper.

Louis turned to us apologetically and then said: "These trousers are really tight on my balls!"

Our headmaster had cleared his throat not expecting that at all as the whole hall started laughing. It seemed Liam had gotten really embarrassed by Louis because he pursed his lips and apologised to the headmaster straight away.

I looked at the headmaster, giving him a look of understanding and then sat down on my seat. There was no need of Louis telling us that, I frankly thought it quite disrepectful. But it seemed the headmaster and I were the only ones that thought it, as everyone else was still overwhelmed by their presence.

"You guys all are so very kind for giving us such a warm welcome." Harry said taking the mike and changing the subject.

I didn't realise, but I must have snorted really loudly at this because Harry had snapped to look at me. I immidiately covered my mouth as more eyes turned on me and muttered a quiet apology. I remember becoming so red; I obviously thought my snort was going to be a silent, sarcastic chuckle. A warm welcome, my eye! I thought. It was a madhouse! Personally, I would be frightened to stand in front of these people.

Anyway, after I recovered myself, I noticed that I was the only one sitting down, and even though it may have looked rude of me again, I just couldn't help it. However, I did try to seem interested in their conversation because I kept looking at them, even though I would much rather be doing something else.

After a while of One Direction talking and expressing how happy they were to be at our school, Whitney leaned over to me and whispered what practically became the start of my life changing. 

"Is it just me, or does Zayn keep looking at you?"

I gave her a puzzled look and quickly turned to look at the far end of the stage, where Zayn was standing. Indeed, he was looking. It may have been for a split second, but I caught his glance on me before he looked back down to the floor.

I turned back to Whitney, once she straightened up again and saw she was giving me the I-told-you-so look.

Back then I thought Zayn was merely looking at me because of my rude reaction towards them, but I soon realised that this was very much untrue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey niglets! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do you think? I hope you liked it, please don't forget to comment. I especially love those that are quite long, and that talk about their favourite bits in the chapter. If you can do that, I will love you forever ok? ok. I love you all, anyway so blah.