Chapter 19

The room was dimmed, with an air of mist dancing in the air and circular tables were dispersed across it.

A young Asian girl approached us and led us to a table for two, which was thankfully near the back. There weren't a lot of people in the restaurant which was a relief as it would have otherwise felt slightly stuffy for my liking. As we got to the table and the waitress left us with our menus, Zayn didn't even hesitate to pull up my chair and motion me to sit down. I smiled broadly at him as I did so, and he then went to his seat opposite mine.

A shy smile creeped onto his lips as we made eye contact and then lowered his face to focus on the menu.

I remember just looking at him. The way his eyebrows furrowed as he read the words and his eyelashes fluttered everytime he blinked, was fascinating to me. He hadn't a clue I was looking at him, and it was pretty exciting to examine him without him knowing. I felt a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach as I looked at the smoothness of his skin. The way his hand was curled around the edge of the menu, emphasised his long and strong fingers.

My mind went into wander, as images of his hands around my waist popped in my head and I felt my heart skip a beat as I dared to fantasise about having them around my body again.

But as soon as the thoughts entered my mind, I quickly shook my head to rid them, shocked and appalled with myself to have allowed them in. Zayn looked up at my actions.

"Don't you like the food?" He asked, and I knew his eyes were scanning my flushed face. "You're all red, are you ok?"

I couldn't help but laugh as he asked me this. I felt so embarrassed to have been seen blushing and having him say that just made the situation even more awkward.

Zayn was probably thinking me mad, for all the weird gestures and actions I kept making, but I simply couldn't stop the laughter.

"I'm - sorry-" I giggled for a while and then coughed to control it until it ceased. I then looked down at the menu and tried to keep a straight face before bringing my eyes to meet Zayn's.

A confused smile welcomed me, as he chuckled at the quick compusure that I was able to muster. "What was so funny?"

"Nothing," I smiled shyly as I looked down. "Well, I'm hungry!" I quickly changed the subject and drummed my fingers on the table as I scanned the menu avoiding his eyes.

After a couple of minutes, the Asian girl came back to take our order and I quickly picked out a chicken salad  with chips on the side. 

"I'll have whatever she's having," Zayn muttered as his eyes remained fully on my face trying to suss out what had happened to me.

When the waitress left again, I leaned back on my seat and looked him straight in the eyes. The tingling feeling had come back, and had suddenly turned into butterflies as I got lost in the darkness of his irises.

Now what I said next, was supposed to have stayed in my head but my mouth was quick enough to mutter it before I could even stop myself.

"You have nice skin,"

My eyes widened at the horror of having said such an embarrassing thing. I was being so weird, and I couldn't believe that out of all the things I could have said, that was the only thing I came up with.

My cheeks immidiately flushed and I looked down, closing my eyes as if the darkness would diffuse to the outside of my body and swallow the awkwardness around me.

Zayn's laughter rung in my ears and then his voice followed swiftly after.

"Isn't that Harry Potter quote?"

I looked up puzzled and confused. A Harry Potter reference was the last thing on my mind, I was already planning an excuse knowing that my reckless thoughts were bound to scare the poor guy.  But as I slowly breathed and tried to act normal, I began to remembered the reference.

A light chuckle escaped my lips as I nodded slightly flustered.

"Hermione's got nice skin," He mumbled and then we both laughed together. "Do I have better skin than Hermione's?"

"I-" I shrugged not knowing hoe to respond to such question. I knew Zayn was just trying to make my situation easier, he must have surely seen how embarrassed I had gotten. "No- I dunno- I guess?"

"Well you have to pick one..." He teased, but then the waitress came back with our drinks and said that our food was to be with us shortly and then left again. I noticed that as she said this, she kept glancing over at Zayn more often than she should have. Zayn, on the other hand, hadn't even looked at her once.

That sent a fuzzy warm feeling to spread across my chest as I noticed that Zayn was still expecting and answer.

"I said it once, I'm not gonna repeat it..." I decided as I took a sip of my drink.

"Ooh, fiesty," He drank with a smirk, then leaned back in his chair and added, "I like it."

I flushed violently as looked around him trying to see if the waitress was coming back with our food, because 1) I was hungry and 2) I didn't know how to deal with such comment. I knew my behaviour around him was improving slightly but I was still unsure about how to flirt.

I did what I knew best, and remained silent.

"Thanks," He added cheekily after a moment knowing that he was referring to my compliment, and then turned his attention on the food that had now finally arrived.

I devoured the food, trying to stay away from conversation, but whenever Zayn did try and talk it was just mindless chatter, which I was thankful for.

The evening passed much smoother than it had begun, but I remained alert throughout forcing mysel to think before I spoke incase I blurted out another of my thoughts or said something weird.  Once he paid the bill, and I thanked him for it, we got outside. I noticed Zayn kept looking back and forth trying to see if the girls were still there, and how his jaw tensed at the thought of encoutering more fans. The girls, however, were no longer there and Zayn immidiately relaxed and turned towards me.

"Did you enjoy your food?" He asked, focusing on me with all his attention.

"I did, thank you." I smiled up at him, and just as I did so I noticed his look on me was intensifying.

For the first time ever, I didn't want to look away. Amidst the darkness in his sight, I found a warmness that ignited that tingling in my stomach. I felt his hand rise and wrap itself around my chin tilting my head higher. I blinked as sparks shot from his touch across all the nerves in my body. I felt dizzy as I felt him nearer to my face.

After a long sigh, I felt his eyes run along every feature on my face, almost marking it in his mind and making a mental picture. His thumb smoothed over my skin and then just as my head could no longer take much more, his lips brushed against mine.

He lingered on them for a moment, taking it easy, trying to see my reaction to it. But frankly, I didn't have time to react. As soon as his lips fell upon mine, I felt my whole body explode. Even if it was just a brush of lips, I thought it enough to send me into swim of ecstasy.

My worries had disappeared in a flash, and all my mind could think about was to have those smooth lips touch mine again.

And again, I let my actions take over me before my brain could intefere. I leaned forward, closing the gap Zayn had put between us and planted my lips against his; letting that ecstatic feeling swoon all over me.