Chapter 30

I woke before my alarm even sounded. My mind kept playing last night's events with no sign of stopping. I quickly put on my uniform and ate breakfast avoiding any conversation that was about boys from my mum.

"Good luck in your exam!" Mum called from the door, as I waved to her goodbye and hurried to catch my bus.

I knew I was prepared for the exam, yet somehow I felt like I should have done more revision.

"Talking of the devil!" Monroe beamed as she rushed towards me, hugging me and buzzing as though it was another ordinary day for her.

Whitney and Carey soon followed suit as they too hugged me.

"How are you?" Carey asked, her eyes analysing me as though I had some sort of facial disease.

"Unprepared for this exam," I replied, knowing very well she had meant how was I feeling about the whole being-suddenly-the-most-talked-about-person-in-school situation.

Monroe rolled her eyes, "You always say you're unprepared, yet you come out of the hall acing the bloody paper!"

"No, but I really mean it this time." I felt a displeasing rumble in my tummy as I saw the headmaster begin to call for our attention.

"Good luck guys," I muttered to the three girls as they were called before me to the hall.

Once I was alone, I spotted Cher glaring at me fom across the playground. She was at the back of the line of her form group, and was just looking at me.

"All students from F to H please start that making your way inside." I quickly remembered that my surname started with an H, and rushed up the stairs and into the great hall. As I passed the headmaster I saw him give me a look of concern, knowing that the talk around school would make me uneasy. He clapped my shoulder as I mumbled a small 'thank you' in response.

The great hall was lined wih small individual tables filling the room entirely. A huge clock and a white board stood at the front, indicating the date and time we were allowed for the exam.

I took my seat, and quickly spotted Monroe who grinned at me all the way from the front.

I looked at the exam paper with a queasy sensation, and once we were allowed to open the exam paper I wanted to be swallowed up by a black hole.

I knew some of the answers, but others I was hesitant and unsure of putting the answer that came to my head. And as I carried on filling the exam, I became more uncertain. I only dreaded the maths exam that I was going to have in three days.

Whenever I looked at an answer for a long moment, thoughts of Zayn began to enter my mind and then those thoughts lead to thoughts about Harry and suddenly I was feeling so dizzy and sick that I didn't have time to check my answers once I had finished. The exam paper was taken away from my grasp and then I found myself outside in the playground, hating time for passing so quickly.

"Well that was shit," Monroe huffed as she stood next to me. Her bright spirit dissolving, as a frown landed upon her lips.

"I didn't even have time to revise my answers," I complained.

"Same," Carey folded her arms as she looked at the ground.

"That was a breeze guys." Whitney muttered as she took in all our disdained expressions. "Although, I think Cher might need medical assistance after that." She laughed as we all turned to look at Cher who looked as though she were about to faint.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She clearly thought she had it in the bag," Monroe shrugged, "That's what she gets."