Chapter 10

"We caught the wrong train, Monroe." I huffed, as we stood in front of a map of the London underground. "I told you, we were meant to take this train to the Hammersmith Apollo." I pointed at a different line.

But it did no use, Monroe wasn't listening. She was pacing. Yes, Monroe had drawn her hands over her face and was pacing up and down behind me, muttering to herself as she did so.

"Monroe?" I questioned as I spun around slowly, looking around and seeing people giving her weird looks. Monroe was used to getting those looks -I even gave her some myself since knowing her- but standing in a station packed full of people, it looked a tad suspicious.

"Oh my gosh, we're gonna be late! We're gonna be late!" She began to slide down her hands making her face drag along with her.

"We're not going to be late," We definitely were going to be late. I remember looking at the time that it took to get to our destination -fifteen minutes; the gig started in five. "Look, if we run to the next platform we could make it!" I tried to sound encouraging as I dragged Monroe in the direction of the correct platform.

"I'm not going so see Niall. A second chance of meeting him is just going to slip through my fingers..." She began to murmur, but I ignored her comments as I squinted across the tunnel, hoping to see the light that indicated the train's arrival. "He's gonna marry someone else, and he'll forget all about me..." More people began to gather around, and I began to internally pray that Monroe would stop making such a scene, "Oh my gosh, what am I gonna do? Might just have to jump off a cliff! There wouldn't be any point of me living anymore, let's just turn back Dion."

A woman next to me, brought down her newspaper to examine us as she heard Monroe's dying wish. I shot Monroe a look, not enjoying the attention at all.

"I'm gonna kill whoever steals my man." Monroe added as she shook her head. She began to sniffle as she tried to avoid the tears that were forming in her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic performance and sighed agitated as the woman mumbled under her breath, before looking back at her newspaper. I wanted to apologise to her, but it wasn't anything I've personally done so I stayed quiet.

"It's here!" The forceful breeze battled with my bun ruffling the loose ends of hair, as the train swooshed into view. I took hold of Monroe's sleeve and stepped forward waiting for the doors to open.

Once inside, Monroe immidiately stopped crying and turned to look at me intently, "I'm Niall's favourite fan!" Her turn of conversation sometimes baffled me, especially after having just heard that she wanted to throw herself off a cliff.

"That's great, Monroe." I nodded indifferently as I quickly sat on one of the empty seats and brought Monroe to sit next to me, before someone else did.

"I can't believe this is happening," she whispered, as she looked down at her lap and I noticed she was shaking. "I'm gonna see the Niall Horan..."

"You are." I mumbled back, keeping a watchful eye on her as she began to hyperventilate. I swallowed and looked at the people standing around; they were thankfully distracted by other things: books, iPods, newspapers, etc.

"Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH!" Monroe began to get more excited, probably the idea had finally gotten through to her and she couldn't believe it. She looked at me, grinning as she ran her hands over her hair. "Do I look attractive enough?"

Her bold gestures were becoming more noticeable and heads began to turn curiously at us.

"Sure." I said quietly hinting at her to bring her voice down too. I tapped on her leg as she ignored my indication, and mumbled to shush because people were looking at us.