Chapter 1

Wey hey!! So I'm holding a competition, and would like you to take part. Whoever can make me a cover for this book, will get a chapter dedicated to them. How does that sound? Enjoy! Thanks to klmay27 for the amazing banner :) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a clear day in the Spring. But the blue sky deceived me. The sun was shining but the cold breeze still lingered in the air, littering my skin with goose bumps.

As I mentioned before, I had been forced to take part in a competition that would practically change my life and luckily today was the day the results would be revealed.

The competition was straight forward. You enter for a chance to win a visit from One Direction at your school. The competition had gone viral, and as soon as it had been announced all the girls of my town had gone mental - and that was the nicest word I could find to describe them.

Sure they were handsome, but not to go round acting like headless chickens. I mean, it was embarrassing! Their hyperventilation at the mere mention of their names, begun to give me a headache and I couldn't understand how five boys that they had never met before, could have this effect on them?

As you could see, I wasn't actually very fond of this idea. In fact, I wasn't a fan of theirs at all. Of course I supported them during the X Factor, but I wouldn't 'do anything in the world to be within a metre of them breathing the same air as me' as girl in my year kept telling everyone.

Really? You could even see how pathetic that sounds.

Anyway, I didn't want to take part in the competition. What was the probability of our school actually winning. It was just ridiculous. My A Levels were soon going to be here, and I couldn't be wasting time doing other stuff that frankly had no value. But, Monroe, who happened to be my best friend since year seven literally forced me to take part.

"How could you be so heartless?"

"Do you not realise that this could be my chance to shine?"

"If you don't do this, don't get angry when you don't get an invite to mine and Niall's wedding."

"Argh! Dion you're so inconsiderate!"

Basically that went on for several days, until I finally caved and agreed to enter the damn competition. Thinking about it, she shouldn't have called me inconsiderate at all! Do you know how her and I became best friends? Of course you don't. I haven't told you. Monroe didn't have any friends. During one breaktime in year seven she was eating her lunch on the edge of the field. I thought that was bizarre because why couldn't she be eating her lunch in like the middle of the field like a normal person. But, because she was an outsider, I found her interesting and decided to kindnap her. Well, you know what I mean. So I was far from acting incosiderate, because I actually took an interest in helping her out.

Our school was noisier than ever, that afternoon. Literally all girls and even some of the boys were excited for the results. Monroe and I were waiting outside, because apparently it was too stuffy inside for her to breathe. She was clutching onto my arm anticipating the call of the headmaster.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity the headmaster called everyone back inside and into the hall. It was as though somoene had crammed a tap danicing spider into a match box; the noise was unbearable. The image of that actually occuring made me giggle and made the scene that little bit endurable.

We sat at the very front, and as soon as the door was closed the noise was drawn to an immidiate hault. Let me tell you how it felt like; it was like a reconstruction of the final results of the X Factor. The silence and tension was so tangible, you could almost feel it on the tip of your fingertips. Just picture our headmaster as the dazzling Dermot O'Leary -not that I'm making a comparion, because our headmaster is no way near as gorgeous as he is - holding the envelope that contained the results. Everyone in the hall held their breath and it was possible to easily hear a pin drop.

I quietly chuckled to myself, because it all was very dramatic. I'm not exaggerating. The only thing that was missing was the powerful music.

Okay, maybe I would be lying if I said the suspense hadn't gotten me excited. It had, but just a little bit. I, unlike everyone else, could compose myself.

Suddenly, after a brief talk from the headmaster saying how marvellous this event had turned out to be and that whatever the outcome, we shouldn't keep ourselves from aiming high, especially toward our A Level results. I, for one, agreed to this of course! Then the rip of the envelope bounced against the walls and I heard people gasp.

Unlike the X Factor results, where One Direction lost out to winning, our school suddenly bolted to their feet and started screaming as the headmaster exclaimed "We won!"

Chairs were tipped over, people were crying and shaking. It was as though hell broke loose. I was encouraged to share a smile as the excitement and happiness around me was intoxicating. It was astonishing how a simple competition could excite everyone's spirits. And to think I actually thought it was going to be so simple.

The jeolusy towards us from the other schools was immense. Immidiately, people began sharing the news on the internet. Monroe's Twitter mentions bombared with people congratulating her and what shocked me the most was that there were also tweets of hate. Like many others' social network accounts, hate and even death threats began to appear. And what astonished me the most was that they came from the schools that had lost out to the competition.

Something inside me screamed with glee as I began to hear many of these accounts getting suspended. All I could say was that jealousy was a disease and I wished these haters would get well soon.

Monroe had turned to me, a fat smile plastered on her face. "I knew it! We won!" She couldn't breathe. Her voice was shaking as well as her body, I had to help her sit down.

"I'm glad you'll get a chance to propose to Niall." I smiled and she hugged me into a tight embrace.

And as if that wasn't exciting enough, what happened next literally caused Monroe to faint. I am not lying! Our headmaster had asked everyone to be silent, because he had an unexpected surprise for us.

The lights quickly dimmed and the screen lit up. What appeared next, full screened and live were the five boys, jumping to the scene and shouting, "SURPISE!"

Chaos, and I mean absolute insanity erupted all around me again. I assume the boys were also watching us, as they began to laugh.

"We just want to congratulate you on winning!" Louis Tomlinson spoke first and his northern accent drove the girls even more insane. By this point, Monroe had already fainted, along with other several girls.

I must admit, it was a nice touch seeing them on the screen directing us personally. I noticed that Harry Styles was making some weird faces at the camera, and a girl behind me literally gripped my shoulder and said aloud: "I would so do him!"

My eyes widened and the weird look that Harry was making magically transferred on to my face as I removed her hands from my shoulder. Honestly, did these girls have no self control?

"We can't wait to see you guys!" Harry added as he lay an arm on Zayn's shoulder. I remember the little bit of skin that had been exposed from this gesture, revealing the outline of his muscle, and had caused the girl behind me to faint. It was like the fainting games, only thing missing was the canon blows.

The video call only lasted a minute and I only wish Monroe was awake to see Niall's wink at the end as they all waved at us goodbye.