The Start of Something New

I can not thank you all enough for your support. I never thought I would complete one yet write a third book. It thrills me that so many of you have fallen in love with Ella. She is truly the first character that I have loved writing. I know I left you all on a cliffhanger at the end of Sincerity, no worries you will be informed what happened and will happen to Ella and Nate.

__________________________________
Nate's POV

"You must be really hurting."

"How can you tell?"

"You're not drinking. I always know it's serious when even you know you can't dual the pain."

"I'm not right for her. We bring out the dark side of each other. When she's with Louis she shines. That's the Blair I love. She needs to be with him to be it, then that's the way it should be."

"Well, look at that. Chuck Bass, maturing."

"And what about you? You finally had the balls to show my sister how you really feel and what?" I rake my fingers through my hair.

"I don't know man, I told her I love her and kissed her. She kissed me back and nothing. I've heard nothing from her."

"You've made her question herself Nathanial. She thought she knew who she was and what she wanted. You confessing your love for after a near-death experience changed her."

"Has she said anything to you?"

"Just that she headed off for work early and she'll call me once a week to let me know she's okay."

"So, nothing. I confessed my love for her and she says nothing."

"Sad but true, I'm afraid." We head over to the bar.

"I had Victor pick this up being at St. Jude's reminded me of all the lost weekends we used to have. So, why not graduate to a lost summer?"

"I'm intrigued."

"Just spin the globe and pick a point. We can start there and make our way back here, like old times. Bachelors who don't have to answer to anybody."

"You're a good friend. I will use this summer to get over Blair, and you will use it to get over my sister, which by the way will be harder said than done."

"Just spin the globe, Chuck." He spins and I approve his choice of destination. I know no matter how much I distract myself this summer that kiss with Ella will haunt me until I see her again. She is the one person who has changed me for the better and I've never felt this kind of love before. This time it feels real and nothing else can compare to it.

__________________________________
Serena's POV

"How did you guys end up here and whose boat is this?"

"This is Allegra Versace's, Chuck won it in a poker game in Chiang Mai. he won Allegra, too, but uh that's another story."

"Wow, so he's okay then?"

"Ask him yourself."

"Serena." I hug Chuck and he seems happy for the first time in forever.

"Usually when you smile like this, you look like a creepy Cheshire cat, but this one is real. What is your secret? And it it's legal, I want some."

"It's not a substance. It's state of mind. A word."

"Well, let me guess. A dirty word."

"Yes." Chuck smiles even bigger.