*Chapter 31*

Sorry if there is a lot of point of view changes in this chap. Vote because this is the last chapter! Thanks! :)

~

5 months later.

Shay Bourne

After graduation, I decided that I didn't want to go to college. I just wasn't right for me.

Jason went to prison. They caught him three days later after I pushed Jessica out of my window-by accident of course- and I didn't see or hear from him ever since. Of course I was heartbroken and confused. We left out on a bad note. Yeah, he hit me, but it was out of anger. I wanted to talked to him and get somethings straight. I wanted to tell him what was really on my mind and how I felt. It's too late now.

For now.

Justin's going to Atlanta for a month. He really didn't tell me all the details, only just it's for a job opportunity that he couldn't pass up. I didn't really know how to respond to him about it. I guess you can't really pass up an offer if it involves being in another state. Eh.

The search is still on for Jessica. Poor Mr. and Mrs.George. Not only did their son die, but now their daughter is missing. My mom and dad have been helping them out everyday. I on the other hand refuse because the day when Jessica attacked me, Mrs.George gave me the stink eye all day. She probably thinks I'm a horrible person. Ugh. We all know her daughter is the worst.

And for me, my parents have decided that I need a break from this town. They're making me stay with my twenty-two year old cousin, Lux. She lives in New York and she's pretty much the family favorite. She graduated college this year, top of her class for fashion designing. Also, word on the street is that she has a lot of dark secrets. Ha, maybe we'll relate and connect with each other this summer when I visit her in four weeks. Also, my birthday is coming up, and I won't be spending it with my dysfunctional parents, I'll be spending it with Lux.

As for Allyson, I don't know where that bitch is either. She could disappear off the face of the earth for all I care.

I sat my designed notebook that I made myself on my bed and stuck the pen inside it. My parents decided that I should go to counseling for what I have been through, although I think I really don't need it. I'm not going mental in no way whatsoever. People die and people live. There's evil people in the world, but hey, that's life. You could get over it. I'm getting over it. It was a crazy part of my life that I've been through and hell, there's more to come.

My mom walked into my room and held up a black one piece swimsuit, smiling. I shook my head before she could say anything. "No, I'm not wearing that junk. I already showed you my bikini." I rolled my eyes.

"No Shay! This is mine. Your dad and I are going on our own vacay." She winked as she started to walk out of my room. I jumped out my bed and ran up to her before she could leave my room. "What?! Where?", I touched her shoulder to make her stop walking away from me. "When are you going?"

She turned to me, "We're going to Canada with Pattie. We're leaving the week before you leave to go to New York." I chuckled. "You're going to Canada? Isn't it cold there all the time?!" She chuckled along with me. "No! Quit, you silly."

"Okay okay. I guess I'll start to pack now." I said as I walked over to my closet and pull out some random good looking clothes for summer. I started to pack now because I know I'll be too lazy to do it any other time. Mom left and I continued to pack my two hot pink suitcases full of clothes, shoes and other stuff that the author doesn't feel like listing.

Jason McCann

Kicking the wall against the uncomfortable and hard bed, I screamed out in frustration. How the fuck am I in this damn prison when I told those stupid judges and police that I did it out of self defense. I just don't fucking deserve to be in here. I've been in this place more than enough times to count on my fingers.

Besides the anger, I was also broken. I lost the one thing that was important to me. Shay. I punched my head and slid on the floor. Even though my life was screwed up to the max, she changed it. I felt kind of bad when she started to see the real me. Although she was a stubborn little girl, she made me feel loved again. I felt that I belonged somewhere in this world, and that was right there with her.

But of fucking course I screwed that up. My stupid anger got the best of me. I was angry at her because she wouldn't listen to me that day back at the hospital. FUCK!

I have to make it up to her, no matter how she feels now. She probably hates me, but hell, I feel the whole opposite. I'm not going to let my past, my anger, and my selfishness get in the way this time.

I'm going to get her back. Even if that Bieber kid is in the way or not.

Justin Bieber

"Okay, this is the last suitcase." I gripped the hot pink suitcase and lifted it into the black mustang. Shay smiled at me and patted me on the back. "Thank you, babe." She leaned in and pecked my lips. I smiled and pulled her in closer to get another peck. When she let go, I frowned. Shay and I got together three months ago, but we have to break up cause we won't be spending the summer together. I promised her that we would get back together when we see each other again, most likely in September.

"I'm going to miss you Jay, have fun doing whatever job you're doing in Atlanta." She grinned at me but I could see sadness in her eyes. "Aww babe, don't. Please."

"What?!" She jumped back, startled. She looked down and frowned. Here come her tears.

"We're already breaking up and we've only been together for three months." She chocked out with tears streaming down her face. I wrapped my arms around her and wiped her tears away. "Don't think of it as breaking up. I could never break up with you." I said as I raised her face up with two fingers. "But," she started but her phone ringed. I pulled away from her, not looking away from her as she answered her phone.

"It's my mom. She said I should be going now." She said as she threw her phone back in her car. I pulled closer to her and sighed. Just when things were getting a little bit better, we have to end it.

I kissed her goodbye and watched her car drive off in the distance to the way to the airport. I would be heading that way in a week to go to Atlanta to meet my boss, Scooter. I looked down in my hand and gripped on her house key. She gave it to me so I could make sure that she locked up her house.

I ran up the stairs as I held a tight grip on the surprise that I was going to leave on her bed, a copy of a song I wrote for her. I opened the door to her room and placed the CD and the note attached to it on her neatly done bed. I turned around to walk out the room, but a blue velvet box with a note attached to it sitting on her dresser caught my eye.

Shay

Just know that you're the best thing that has ever happen to me and I just don't want it to end here. Hopefully we'll get to talk soon and create more memories together.

Love, J. M.

btw, there's plenty more presents coming your way babe ;)

I crumbled up the note and threw it on the ground. There's no way in hell that Jason will come back into Shay's life when I'm around. I opened up the box and saw a silver heart shaped necklace with writing in the middle. I closed the box before I could even try to read the writing. I slammed the box back down on the dresser and stormed out of the house. I needed to tell Shay about this. Now.

~

Because I love you guys so much, there's a surprise in the next update :) Thanks for reading this story and I hope y'all stay for the sequel! Next book: Reckless Abandon