*Chapter 17*

"Shay what's wrong?" Jess asked me as I stood up and walked out the room.

Should I tell her? Well, she knows about what happened with Jason and Daniel, but she doesn't know it's actually him, so I guess so? If I didn't tell her soon or later, the guilt of not tell her would eat me alive.

"Come with me." I said as I lead her to her room. I stood to the side as she entered the room, closing the door behind her. She slowly walked to her bed and sat down quietly, waiting for me to spill.

"Well, remember what happened at Justin's house with Jason?"

"Um," she said as she bit her bottom lip, thinking, "When he accidentally hit you?"

I nodded, "Yeah! Well, that's...Daniel...the dude Jason was fighting."

"What?!" She said as she jumped up in surprise and walked towards me, "You're lying!"

"Nope, it's a small world." I sighed and sat on her bed with my hands covering my face.

So much shit has been going on since I've met Jason. I don't know if I should be happy that I finally have some excitement in my life or worried about what the future holds. I let out a deep breath and took my hands off of my face and looked at Jess.

She was standing there looking at me with an expression that I really couldn't read.

"What?"

"Nothing. So, what are you going to do?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hip.

I kept staring at her and started to think about how weird she is acting. Well, I don't know, she seems normal, but there's something at the back of my mind telling me that something is up with her. I ignored my conscience and decided to answer her question.

"I'm going to talk to Jason about it." I sighed; I wonder how he's going to react.

"Figures. Hey! I have to tell you about Derek and I!" She exclaimed as she suddenly changed the subject. Okay, something is really going on with her. Maybe this that time of the month?

I waited for her to start talking about her little time with Derek, but she was too busy looking through clothes in her closet. I frowned at the back of her head for at least five minutes waiting on her to at least say something.

"Jess?"

"Yeah?" She asked as she picked out a light purple spaghetti strap shirt and threw it at me. I made an unfriendly face at the back of her head and spoke up.

"What are you doing? Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it today.. Why are you going through your closet? You know you haven't told me about you and Derek yet." I blurted out. I'm so weird. She's so weird too, though.

She gasped and turned around. "Sorry! I was picking out my outfit for tonight! Derek and I are meeting at the arcade later. We kind of exchanged numbers at Justin's party yesterday." I smiled at her and jumped up, "Oh my goodness Jess! I'm happy for you girl!" She smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Yay! Thanks! I just hope we work out." She smiled more to herself than at me. I 'awed' and patted her on the back. "I'm sure it will work out."

She squealed and turned back around to her closet and pulled out even more clothes. I decided to be a good friend and help her out. I went on the opposite side of her closet and looked through the millions of clothes this girl had. How could she fit so many clothes in this little closet?

As I looked through the pile of fancy dresses, which I pulled away from, a certain question popped up in my head.

"Jess?" I asked her quietly. You could hear the nervousness in my voice.